Temple loses to Villanova | The Boneyard

Temple loses to Villanova

Reaction Score
My sniff test:

Many writers (and Phil Steele) have praised Collins. When the series of new staffs in this AAC, I compared relative Staffings of about 6 programs. Geoff Collins staff profile was less impressive than others. Less PA/NJ experience than previous, Temple staffing (for last 3 successful risings - Golden, Addazio, Ruhle) and not great posting previous to joining Collins. Of course, he had talent; because Ruhle was very good at filling a roster. Nutile made their year last season. Coming in past the halfway point and playing great. I did not think Temple was set up to win the AAC. Some magazines have them rated highly.

(and of course ... they lost to 3-9 UConn last year)

I don't think they will make 6 this year.

Reaction Score
CAA > AAC? Don't sleep on those FCS squads!

Reaction Score
I watched the 4th qtr...Nova's QB made a nice throw on 4th & 9 that ended up going for a TD and they missed the XP...then Temple's QB ended up throwing 2 picks and that was the game. Neither team looked very good...we looked better than Temple did the other night against UCF.

Reaction Score
I knew all the temple hype was a joke. People were talking about them having a shot to win the conference lol

I wouldn't count them out. They ended up winning the conference a couple years ago after opening with a loss to Army, IIRC.

Of course, they have a new coach now.

Reaction Score
Nova looked a lot better than Temple today. They deserved the W. Botched kicks kept Temple in the game.

Reaction Score
There's always talk about UConn not being able to recruit, being at a disadvantage for being in the North East. I see other FBS programs and even FCS programs that can compete. So why are we not getting those athletes? Do we not have the facilities... the tradition?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
There's always talk about UConn not being able to recruit, being at a disadvantage for being in the North East. I see other FBS programs and even FCS programs that can compete. So why are we not getting those athletes? Do we not have the facilities... the tradition?
We have better facilities than most schools let alone those in the North East. Tradition is tricky. Very good for a few years doesn’t mean much when you’re largely irrelevant for your 140 years of football. Perception of UConn football right now is that it’s a basketball school whose basketball isn’t even good anymore. Tough to appeal to kids who are better than so-so.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom