Temple Game Thread | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Temple Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Does anyone notice that whenever Butler gets a defensive rebound, it always take quite a few seconds and looks before she finds a guard? Does she have peripheral sight problem or just a bit slower normal to people her height?

Reaction Score
"Can South Carolina beat 'em? Can Maryland? All those teams are playing much more challenging schedules right now than UConn."

Reaction Score
Swin is bookended by absolute morons! Why does CBS Sports have an analyst covering WCBB who is so openly disdainful and disrespectful to the sport? That's insane. And the other dummy to Swin's right said that many other teams play a tougher schedule than UConn. I Guess if you discount Maryland, Notre Dame, Scarolina, USF, OSU etc...that might be true. BUT IT ISN'T. Embarrassing coverage of our sport.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Good Win, Consistent play by the players. Katie Lous's best game this year.

When the game started I was wishing team would get the ball down low for easy layups instead of so many 3 point shot attempts. Yes, they were wide open and weren't bad shots, just wanted them to dominate Temple down low with their size advantage.

Reaction Score
Good Win, Consistent play by the players. Katie Lous's best game this year.

When the game started I was wishing team would get the ball down low for easy layups instead of so many 3 point shot attempts. Yes, they were wide open and weren't bad shots, just wanted them to dominate Temple down low with their size advantage.
Me too. We seem to look for the 3 pt shot first.

Reaction Score
Butler 11 pts, 8 rebs, 2 blks ....great performance
But the honora are KLS and Stewie.

Reaction Score
Post game: Gottleib is an idiot. He said that the women's game is too diluted. That is why there games like tonight's. What is his solution? Should we eliminate 200 universities so that women's basketball can be more competitive?

I know I should ignore him. It should just be common sense that if someone is still tuned in after a 50 point blowout, then they are either a UConn fan or they like watching beautiful basketball. His comments were insulting to both. Sponsors pay huge amounts to advertise during these games and I am sure they are not happy when a studio host tells viewers they basically just waisted their time watching.

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
Gottlieb (literally shaking his head): "It's tough to buy in" because women's college basketball is "overexpanded." (?) He then tried to say something about how the Kentucky men would probably win a bunch of games too, if all their players stayed for four years. (Okay…so what?) He wasn't making a lot of sense, but his basic point was (surprise!) that there isn't much parity in the women's game. (Yawn)

Swin calmly responded that the other women's programs simply have to step their game up.

Reaction Score
Swin is bookended by absolute morons! Why does CBS Sports have an analyst covering WCBB who is so openly disdainful and disrespectful to the sport? That's insane. And the other dummy to Swin's right said that many other teams play a tougher schedule than UConn. I Guess if you discount Maryland, Notre Dame, Scarolina, USF, OSU etc...that might be true. BUT IT ISN'T. Embarrassing coverage of our sport.

I would like to see Gobbledygook ask Geno 'if it's fun?' I imagine Geno saying..... 'I'm not even going to answer except to say based on that question you couldn't have played for me'.

Jim

Reaction Score
There's no place like home, there's no place like home, ...

Reaction Score
Those don't look like the final stats...
I think those are the 1st quarter stats.....;)
Sorry about that. I shouldn't have been in such a hurry. I used the halftime graphic, but with an updated link. I made the assumption that everyone would know to link to the final stats. Bad assumption. Sorry.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Sorry about that. I shouldn't have been in such a hurry. I used the halftime graphic, but with an updated link. I made the assumption that everyone would know to link to the final stats. Bad assumption. Sorry.

Oh no problem. I was just playing on how good UConn was tonight. Thanks for posting.

Reaction Score
I missed the game tonight. Sounds like if I did I would have had to go shopping for a new tv Sunday morning and bought a dart board with Gotlieb's face pinned against the wall.

Reaction Score
I missed the game tonight. Sounds like if I did I would have had to go shopping for a new tv Sunday morning and bought a dart board with Gotlieb's face pinned against the wall.
He started at halftime and then picked up right where he left off on the post game. Swin was a trooper.

Reaction Score
He started at halftime and then picked up right where he left off on the post game. Swin was a trooper.

I'm glad I didn't have to hear it. I'll make sure not to listen to the halftime or postgame. Gottlieb was the same whiner from years ago that openly brought up /t discrepancy between UCONN and Washington in an NCAA Tourney. I think if I recall correctly Calhoun went after him later. And I think Gottlieb just whined about Calhoun because he was being "picked on" by Calhoun.

OFC Doug didn't want to address in that game if the fouls were legit, if that UCONN was primarily a 3 pt shooting team or more of an inside 10 foot team, or speak of how UCONN's front line was a particularly good or bad ft shooting team, and if it would be to Washington's advantage to put UCONN at the line, if Washington was an inside team or a 3pt shooting team, or to discuss Washington's depth.

Based on what I've read here - I would have loved to see him get ripped -- but one thing I would agree with is if he said to appreciate UCONN you have to love watching beautiful basketball. If he said that -- I would say a resounding YES!!!! IIIIIFFFF he said that-- I don't understand why any basketball fan wouldn't LOVE IT- BEAUTIFUL BASKETBALL!!! I don't get the attraction of watching a men's college game (I'm not referring to the UCONN men - I'm talking about the game overall) in which two teams --

can't shoot -
can't make a pass-
can't hit ft's

And all because the final score was 52-50 and fundamentally atrocious -- I'm supposed to sit through that garbage for 40 minutes? If it is MY team - okay. I'll watch and bleed a bit for them. But anything else? Give me a break!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So the other comments that ask about how much fun is winning so much and by winning by a lot -- all this while we have this season for many games played tough teams early- if I had to listen to all that whiney crap from a king whiner- I would have been on the market for a new Samsung or Sony!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom