Temple Game Pressers | The Boneyard

Temple Game Pressers

Reaction Score
Mia Davis: "then like coach said #44 came in..." So she knows Aubrey's name but refuses to say it? I honestly don't get why people do that.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I"d like to see Temple on the Schedule every couple of years. It would be good for Tonya's program.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I"d like to see Temple on the Schedule every couple of years. It would be good for Tonya's program.

We need every OOC game to be strong since the NBE is not going to wow anybody.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately with the new league, instead of 16 garbage games every year, now it's going to be 20, and Geno is going to have to be really judicious about the out of conference schedule. After accounting for homecomings, there isn't going to be room for too many throw away games. I guess Geno can dedicate one of the ten OOC games every year to a friends of Geno match up and have teams like Temple, USF, etc. play in that game.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Mia Davis: "then like coach said #44 came in..." So she knows Aubrey's name but refuses to say it? I honestly don't get why people do that.
It’s a basketball thing. When I played ball, and we started talking trash, you would always call out someone’s number like, “Hey 44! No way you put up a double-double in the first half.” :oops:

Reaction Score
It would be gr8 if Mir got #43 or #45...

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

But Tonya used our Players name which is the important thing. It is best for players to be "desensitized" to their opponents.

Reaction Score
But Tonya used our Players name which is the important thing. It is best for players to be "desensitized" to their opponents.
UConn coaches and players don't do this. They show their opponents the proper respect.

Reaction Score
Anna:

Big ice pack on Aubrey’s left knee. (Not nearly as big as the ice packs on ALL starting pitchers’ shoulders after EVERY game, but lotsa wear & tear coming next couple days with no 4 days off between starts...)

Reaction Score
Big ice pack on Aubrey’s left knee. (Not nearly as big as the ice packs on ALL starting pitchers’ shoulders after EVERY game, but lotsa wear & tear coming next couple days with no 4 days off between starts...)
Wow what happened to her knee? I hope it's not serious! We need Aubrey.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Interesting that Geno rationalized...made excuses for the slow start.
It's not like this hasn't been an off and on issue all season.

Also, he spoke of the fact that it's a good shooting team;
yes against Temple, has not been demonstrated against the top-5

For me, that is the question (I would not be surprised if he ponders it as well)...

Is this pretty slick, hot shooting bunch, with pretty good D, the real UConn?
Or will they revert...

I'm hoping for a few more nasty upsets that get us to Fort Wayne
which would give us a gamblers chance of getting to a final 4
Mad Anthony would surely recommend staying away from Dawn's bunch, the way they played today.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
Unfortunately with the new league, instead of 16 garbage games every year, now it's going to be 20, and Geno is going to have to be really judicious about the out of conference schedule. After accounting for homecomings, there isn't going to be room for too many throw away games. I guess Geno can dedicate one of the ten OOC games every year to a friends of Geno match up and have teams like Temple, USF, etc. play in that game.
100% agree, and with the makeup of today's Big East, the trend to improve doesn't look good.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
Interesting that Geno rationalized...made excuses for the slow start.
It's not like this hasn't been an off and on issue all season.

Also, he spoke of the fact that it's a good shooting team;
yes against Temple, has not been demonstrated against the top-5

For me, that is the question (I would not be surprised if he ponders it as well)...

Is this pretty slick, hot shooting bunch, with pretty good D, the real UConn?
Or will they revert...

I'm hoping for a few more nasty upsets that get us to Fort Wayne
which would give us a gamblers chance of getting to a final 4
Mad Anthony would surely recommend staying away from Dawn's bunch, the way they played today.
it is a theme going back a few years, not the other teams defense, missing open shots wide open lay ups, nerves, too pumped up. Maybe this year the freshmen will lead them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom