Temple Freshman | The Boneyard

Temple Freshman

Reaction Score
I think it was touched on a bit, but Temple has some really solid looking Freshman. Rose really stands out to me. For that matter, the whole team is pretty young. A couple solid sophomores as well.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I think it was touched on a bit, but Temple has some really solid looking Freshman. Rose really stands out to me. For that matter, the whole team is pretty young. A couple solid sophomores as well.
Killings has an eye for talent. One of the reasons folks should be higher on Carlton than his ranking indicates.

Reaction Score
Killings has an eye for talent. One of the reasons folks should be higher on Carlton than his ranking indicates.
He was on Polley before coming to UConn too, although Polley is more of a known commodity as he's top 100 on some lists.

Rose is a nice talent. Shizz Alston is already pretty good and Alani Moore will end up being good too. They have Obi for one more year. Good for Temple.

Reaction Score
Interesting. I don't follow college basketball as intently as I used to. I knew Killings played for UMASS, but didn't realize he was a Temple assistant. I certainly didn't realize he recruited the Temple kids when i was watching the game yesterday. He definitely hit a home run for Temple. Rose, the center and Shizz all played well. With his size Rose looks like a future NBA player. I'm hoping he does the same for us.

Reaction Score
Killings has, as noted in this thread, a great recruiting reputation plus it's also hard to ignore that his hire roughly coincides whith the team's turn around.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
it's also hard to ignore that his hire roughly coincides whith the team's turn around.
Wait, what? I like Killings and think he was a great hire but he had nothing to do with our 2016 class & while our performance this season isn't as bad as some like to make out, it's definitely not a "turnaround" from the last few years.

We'll see how good he is once Carlton & Polley get here, and once we start pulling in 2018 & 19 recruits.

Reaction Score
I want to touch on 'shizz' alston 'jr' for a second and find out if I'm being pedantic or anyone else agrees.

During the game I realized there's no way his father's name is "Shizz". So I looked it up, ladies and gentlemen, Levan Shawn Alston Jr, and his father Levan Alston starred at Temple in the 90's. If you want to be Levan Alston Jr, great, but you cannot officially call yourself Shizz Alston Jr. You are either Shizz Alston or Levan Alston Jr.

Reaction Score
Wait, what? I like Killings and think he was a great hire but he had nothing to do with our 2016 class & while our performance this season isn't as bad as some like to make out, it's definitely not a "turnaround" from the last few years.

We'll see how good he is once Carlton & Polley get here, and once we start pulling in 2018 & 19 recruits.
Maybe I misunderstood, but I assumed he meant Killings hire at Temple coinciding with Temple's turnaround

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Alani Moore will continue to be a pain in the ass for the extra 3 years. I predict it'll feel like 5 years

Reaction Score
Their big freshman Damion Moore has yet to miss a shot against us. 8 of 8 (or maybe even 9 of 9) against us over two games.

Reaction Score
His resume also includes a brief stint in player development of the formerly-named Charlotte Bobcats. One of the points of pride listed in Killings’ Temple biography is his role in the development of UConn great Emeka Okafor.

Our front court has really stepped up this year...no?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom