televised Big East Tourney? | The Boneyard

televised Big East Tourney?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It just occurred to me that SNY is not televising any of the Big East Tournament. This
is the first year my husband and I will be unable to attend, is anyone aware of where else to view the games??

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Friday's games will be available on-line (BigEast.TV). The four games on Saturday will be televised on the Big East TV Network. Three of Sunday's four games (Noon, 2pm and 8:30) will be televised on ESPNU; the 6pm game will be on the Big East Network. Both semifinal games on Monday will appear on ESPNU at 6 and 8pm, and the finals will be televised on ESPN at 7pm.

The time for UConn's quarterfinal game on Sunday will depend on what happens tomorrow night. If it wins it'll play at 2pm on ESPNU and if it loses it will play at 6pm on the BE Network.

Here's a link to championship central: http://www.bigeast.org/Sports/WomensBasketball/2013WomensBasketballChampionshipCentral.aspx

Reaction Score
It just occurred to me that SNY is not televising any of the Big East Tournament. This
is the first year my husband and I will be unable to attend, is anyone aware of where else to view the games??
I am pretty sure that SNY has picked up all Big East Network games because my guide for Directv is showing all the BEN games listed on SNY.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I am pretty sure that SNY has picked up all Big East Network games because my guide for Directv is showing all the BEN games listed on SNY.

I just checked the SNY TV schedule and looks like SNY will televise 2 games on Saturday (6pm and 8pm). SNY's schedule also indicates that it will be televising 3 games on Sunday (2pm, 4pm and 6pm), although there isn't a game at 4pm.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
SNY is, I think, part of the BE network. But the choice is optional for individual stations, I think. Historically, watched mostly SNY and MSG (or MSG+) or even NESN? for these games.

And if there is a 4PM game listed and no 4PM game, expect it is tape delay. Those pesky women's basketball fans can't interfere with more important programming, now can they? Actually, this has happened in the past.

Reaction Score
I just checked the SNY TV schedule and looks like SNY will televise 2 games on Saturday (6pm and 8pm). SNY's schedule also indicates that it will be televising 3 games on Sunday (2pm, 4pm and 6pm), although there isn't a game at 4pm.
On my Directv guide it shows 2pm 6pm 8pm games on Sat and 6pm on Sun. Do you have Directv?

Reaction Score
I just double checked and it changed to what you said! this is weird I swear I triple checked it before I made my first post.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
On my Directv guide it shows 2pm 6pm 8pm games on Sat and 6pm on Sun. Do you have Directv?

No, I just looked at the SNY site. I'm sure once the brackets and match-ups are set, we'll know more about which games will be carried by SNY.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
But we streaming watchers are out of luck, you're saying?

Reaction Score
Great to know there will be options out there. During the South Florida game Meg had said this was their last broadcast and that is why I thought they were done for the season. Thanks for all the replies!

Reaction Score
YESSSSS they are

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Great to know there will be options out there. During the South Florida game Meg had said this was their last broadcast and that is why I thought they were done for the season. Thanks for all the replies!

Maybe it's her last game of the season. :)

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Great to see the expanded coverage by SNY. It was rare to see any of the early games before. NICE

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Maybe it's her last game of the season. :)
If it's the BENetwork, they usually have their own commentators. SNY would just pick up the broadcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom