telecasts | The Boneyard

telecasts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
last yr the husky tv shows were so packed with tv timeouts, commercials on top of commercials with inordinate lengths and play action that seemed like max run at most 2-3 min intervals leading to more commercials

i refused this venue and rarely watched after the end of first half; it was simply of no entertainment value

since i never go to live games,

what is it like when you are at the arena waiting for the action to resume when you know the refs are waiting for tv to give the ok?

is it as bad as the home viewers experience?

Reaction Score
since i never go to live games,

what is it like when you are at the arena waiting for the action to resume when you know the refs are waiting for tv to give the ok?

is it as bad as the home viewers experience?
Cheerleaders, kids dressed up in over sized clothes chasing foolish things to win foolish things, the occasional bazooka sending t-shirts into the crowds, female dance team, interviews, salutes to those in the Armed Forces. You should get going on that bucket list thing.

Reaction Score
are all the tv interruptions momentum breakers for huskies? what types of problems do all the untimely breaks in action cause the team? injuries? stiff muscles? (i guess this depends on female types in arena) leg cramps? cold shooting? out of sync?

do players hate such artificial game conditions or do they welcome the rest bits?

what would a normal game look like if tv would f itself?

any purist games on 14-15 schedule with no tv; maybe a wimp of wimps opponent or are all games on video in some format ?

Reaction Score
You never watched a second half of UConn basketball last season because of commercials?!?! WTF. UConn is a second half team. This guy is a f $@king clown. He's joking.....right?

Reaction Score
You never watched a second half of UConn basketball last season because of commercials?!?! WTF. UConn is a second half team. This guy is a f $@king clown. He's joking.....right?
It's fair to say he's a much older gentleman and there are some legitimate signs of dementia in his communication style, at least certainly in the manner in which he first started posting. At least he's writin complete sentences that are somewhat comprehensible

Reaction Score
@ Chappy: The coaches actually play to the TV timeout schedule… Since they know when these TV timeouts will occur, they try to wait v. using their own timeouts, typically holding timeouts for late game situations…

I think the players are conditioned to these timeouts & look forward to them as welcome breathers...

I'm guessing you never watch Football… Those TV timeouts are non-stop & at times, one after another, after another...

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
I could have respected Chap... but he just made it abundantly clear that he's never been to a uconn game in-person. So now I have to hate him

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Tv timeouts (aka timeouts on the floor or official timeouts) are scheduled for the first stoppage in play after 16, 12, 8, & 4 minutes ( not every 2-3 minutes like the OP states) They happen in every game regardless if it is on tv.

A very easy solution (goes for football too) is to DVR the game and start watching from the beginning about when half time would occur. By the time you watch game action and FF through the timeouts, you'll catch up to live tv.

If you don't have DVR, tape the game and take a nap. Watch it after you wake up.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I know that every thread is going to be a trainwreck... yet I cannot help myself, I am weak and look anyway.

Reaction Score
stiff muscles? (i guess this depends on female types in arena)

I laughed out loud at this and had to give Chap a like. Regarding what happens at half time shows at UConn it's usually something like this

Reaction Score
I actually think the TV timeouts build suspense. Nothing like going on a little run and then the opposing team fouling us to bring us into the under 8 timeout. When watch a dvr'rd game I don't feel as intense as I do when I'm forced to wait during timeouts.

Reaction Score
If not at the game, life would not be worth living without a DVR. So here goes, start watching the game maybe 35- 40 minutes after the real start. So you eliminate the run up, halftime, commercials etc. this also allows extra replay time for important stuff that tv glosses over including great looking babes jumping up and down in the stands. Doesn't take a Rhodes scholar.

Reaction Score
You're missing out chap. You should start coming to games. This is usually what happens during TV timeouts, it's the only logical reason why I go to games:

Reaction Score
You didn't know that the TV timeouts are extended because the FCC will not allow broadcast of the cheerleaders (well, back in the day they were cute) mooning the stands???

Wonder how this year's crop will present? But that is fodder for another thread.

Reaction Score
Other than the dance cam bringing out the shirtless kid dancer and the occasional large chested co-ed or under appreciated 3rdbass, not much happens. Start working on your attention span by going to the deli at your local supermarket on Sunday afternoon and picking a number and waiting in line quietly. Two minute breaks for commercials will seem non existent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom