OT: Tedeschi Trucks Band | The Boneyard

OT: Tedeschi Trucks Band

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Some Friday Night or Saturday morning music entertainment.

Close to what it would be if Wilson Pickett, Bonnie Raitt, James Brown and the Allman Brothers were in a band.

Listening to this reminds me a bit of being in Memphis on Sunday morning in 1994 when Arkansas and Kentucky were playing for the SEC championship and I was in BB King's House of Blues for Sunday morning brunch. Had to be a 50 person gospel choir playing while the food inside was phenomenal.

Some good pregame music before UConn/Cincy tomorrow morning.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Big fan. Longtime fan of Derek and Susan even before they connected with each other and didn't love it when they first went full-time together in the band, but I was wrong. This band has grown and jelled incredibly well.

Probably my favorite band to see live right now. Wish they played here more, but it was great to catch them at Simsbury last summer.

Reaction Score
Big fan. Longtime fan of Derek and Susan even before they connected with each other and didn't love it when they first went full-time together in the band, but I was wrong. This band has grown and jelled incredibly well.

Probably my favorite band to see live right now. Wish they played here more, but it was great to catch them at Simsbury last summer.
Great stuff. Derek could be actually a combination Greg/Duane son. No rumors intended. Now that the Allmans are defunct this band is a great fix. Saw the bros. at the Spectrum on my birthday in '74. I still have my ticket stub at the price of $6.50. Love that they are using a horn section.
Definitely will need to see them.

Reaction Score
I really need to check TTB out. Saw Trucks with ABB during what turned out to be their last ever show in Hartford in 2013. Amazing young slinger.

Tedeschi I saw several times when she first "made it" in 1999/2000...Jorgenson, New Haven Green, Wolfs Den.

They seem like soul mates in music and together. Pretty cool story. And merging their respective bands is very unusual.

Reaction Score
"Midnight in Harlem" moves me everytime I listen to it.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
There's a real good BBC video you can pull up on You Tube about the history of southern rock. Real good stuff.

In the video, around the 11:00 mark, they were talking with Jaimoe Johnson, one of the drummers for the Allman Brothers. Duane had just finished working on Wilson Pickett's version of "Hey Jude" at the Muscle Shoals studio in Alabama and was putting together the Allman Brothers Band. Jaimoe had asked Duane Allman why he wanted two drummers for the band. Duane responded "because Otis Redding and James Brown had two drummers". Jaimoe said he never had to ask again. The other drummer for the Allman Brothers? Butch Trucks, Derek's uncle.

Derek's right hand should be checked for PED's. It moves effortlessly and in ways most can only dream of making music.

Reaction Score
Saw them about 7 years ago before the band formed. Tedeschi sat in with the DTB, but it was really her the entire show. Kinda sounds like Janis Joplin to me.

It was also a free show on the Niagara gorge, a ton of people there. Gov't Mule followed.

Reaction Score
Big fan here. I had the honor and pleasure of opening up for Derek Trucks Band and Government Mule at the Webster Theater back in 99. Both Derek and Warren Haynes were extremely personable. I was extremely nervous as a young guitar player, but the love from the audience was palpable.

Reaction Score
There are like 30 people in that band. And they are the best thing out there right now. They will be the new Beacon residency. And worth every penny.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Anyone else catch that wonderful show at the Warner Theatre last night?

They just seem to keep getting better and better, and Susan in particular has definitely continued to improve in all respects. She was really on last night, but I've yet to see this band have an off night. Derek never, ever ceases to amaze.

Last night's show was filmed for broadcast on CPTV as part of the "Infinity Live" series, season four, which begins in August.

On May 18th they are playing a free show at Summerstage in Central Park. Hoping to hit that, too.

They are also playing GOTV in Bridgeport in August. We'll have to miss it because we're away on vacation, but there's a great lineup this year imo.

Hoping that TTB lands in New Haven at College Street Music Hall (formerly The Palace) in the fall.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
I heard these guys for the first time this winter driving home to Boston after one of the games, but didn't catch the name of the band before I lost the signal. Heard them again in Orlando a couple weeks later and I got hooked. Their live album is great and hopefully I'll catch a show soon.

Reaction Score
I grew up seeing the Allmans live -- probably 30-40 shows over the years and I remember when Derek first joined the band. He has grown tremendously as a musician thanks to Warren and Gregg, and it's wonderful to see the TTB start to grow together and jell as well. The baton has been passed and for my money, no one plays the slide like Derek...love it!

Reaction Score
I grew up seeing the Allmans live -- probably 30-40 shows over the years and I remember when Derek first joined the band. He has grown tremendously as a musician thanks to Warren and Gregg, and it's wonderful to see the TTB start to grow together and jell as well. The baton has been passed and for my money, no one plays the slide like Derek...love it!

whartonHusky, I sent you a message in your inbox

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score

And I just realized I saw Derek Trucks play with the Allman Bros back in 07 or 08.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
husky99 said:
Has a slight deep banana blackout feel
DBB! great band. I play with Jen Durkin many Tuesday nights on Crown St in New Haven its a night called " Steal your funk"
We do a set a grateful dead and a set of funk. Doing it this Tuesday as a matter of fact. Lots of people coming out to rage on every Tuesday night. Pretty fun. She's a great singer.

Reaction Score
DBB! great band. I play with Jen Durkin many Tuesday nights on Crown St in New Haven its a night called " Steal your funk"
We do a set a grateful dead and a set of funk. Doing it this Tuesday as a matter of fact. Lots of people coming out to rage on every Tuesday night. Pretty fun. She's a great singer.

I watched them many many times at arch st in Hartford. Fun fun funk

Reaction Score
Love DBB....first saw them playing in the parking lot at the Lemonwheel (Phish Festival) while tripping on acid....years later I had the pleasure of playing in a backup band with Rob Somerville of DBB on sax. What a sick player that guy is!!

August_West

Reaction Score
RichCTBB said:
Love DBB....first saw them playing in the parking lot at the Lemonwheel (Phish Festival) while tripping on acid....years later I had the pleasure of playing in a backup band with Rob Somerville of DBB on sax. What a sick player that guy is!!

All the guys in DBB are top notch players. rob is in Kung now, which is just a ridiculous band. Eric Kalb is a world class drummer who plays with John Scofield among many others. fuzz is killing it playing gypsy jazz in Caravan of thieves. All great guys and players. Eric was just out in Bridgeport at one of my bands gigs a couple weeks ago.

Reaction Score
All the guys in DBB are top notch players. rob is in Kung now, which is just a ridiculous band. Eric Kalb is a world class drummer who plays with John Scofield among many others. fuzz is killing it playing gypsy jazz in Caravan of thieves. All great guys and players. Eric was just out in Bridgeport at one of my bands gigs a couple weeks ago.
Kung is out of hand. I remember playing at an open blues jam at Husky Blues almost 20 years ago when the guys from The Breakfast show up and start covering Zappa tunes and Tim was tearing it up...
I had heard that Eric and Adrian were playing together at BRYAC a few weeks ago as well. Connecitcut has no shortage of exceptionally talented musicians.

August_West

Reaction Score
RichCTBB said:
Kung is out of hand. I remember playing at an open blues jam at Husky Blues almost 20 years ago when the guys from The Breakfast show up and start covering Zappa tunes and Tim was tearing it up... I had heard that Eric and Adrian were playing together at BRYAC a few weeks ago as well. Connecitcut has no shortage of exceptionally talented musicians.

Ha, the breakfast! the keys player from the breakfast is the keys player in my band. He's also the guy who runs the dead/ funk night I'm playin with Durkin Tuesday.
Small world/state.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul