Teddy Allen was the GOAT last night | The Boneyard

Teddy Allen was the GOAT last night

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Made contested 3s, moving 3s, long 3s, contested turnaround fading away off balance long 2s, was 13 for 13 from the free throw line...........

We were prepared, we defended him, he was taking and making bad shots (bad shots being an expression, not a criticism) . He was undefendable. He played better than us. When he passed, his teammates made their 3s too. One of the worst three point shooting teams in the country shot like they were the Golden State Warriors in their prime.

We started poorly, again. We're an imperfect team, we don't have a Teddy Allen although our closest thing might be Hawkins who missed another game. Everyone has a weakness, but they play hard and they never quit. That's what we do, play great defense, rebound well and struggle on offense. Great shooting can and did overcome solid defense, and we don't have the offense to overcome a game like Allen played last night.

And despite all of that, we had our chances. Sanogo's missed layup and horrible foul on a 40 foot three hurt us. Once we got back into the game, I think we turned it over three straight times which killed our momentum.

No help off the bench. Polley made his first two shots, and that's it. His defense keeps him off the court. No bench, that I'll blame on Hurley, he has to do a better job of getting kids ready.

But we're playing better, we're ranked, we're landing good recruits. I'm as bummed as anyone, but I like the road we're on.

Thank you seniors, may the wind be at your backs.

Reaction Score
Made contested 3s, moving 3s, long 3s, contested turnaround fading away off balance long 2s, was 13 for 13 from the free throw line...........

We were prepared, we defended him, he was taking and making bad shots (bad shots being an expression, not a criticism) . He was undefendable. He played better than us. When he passed, his teammates made their 3s too. One of the worst three point shooting teams in the country shot like they were the Golden State Warriors in their prime.

We started poorly, again. We're an imperfect team, we don't have a Teddy Allen although our closest thing might be Hawkins who missed another game. Everyone has a weakness, but they play hard and they never quit. That's what we do, play great defense, rebound well and struggle on offense. Great shooting can and did overcome solid defense, and we don't have the offense to overcome a game like Allen played last night.

And despite all of that, we had our chances. Sanogo's missed layup and horrible foul on a 40 foot three hurt us. Once we got back into the game, I think we turned it over three straight times which killed our momentum.

No help off the bench. Polley made his first two shots, and that's it. His defense keeps him off the court. No bench, that I'll blame on Hurley, he has to do a better job of getting kids ready.

But we're playing better, we're ranked, we're landing good recruits. I'm as bummed as anyone, but I like the road we're on.

Nah man. There are ways to stop players who are hot. We tried none of them except "try harder!" Our team consistently loses the most important games, and close games. That has to be on the staff. If you're not willing to see that, you aren't watching the game.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
He did play very well. Great step back in the first half. My one complaint was that he was a flopper. I didn't realize that he was warned in the 1st half until McCants got the T in the 2nd. At least 2 and maybe 3 of his outside shooting fouls involved flopping. That's not to say he didn't get fouled, be he flopped.

Reaction Score
The kid did play an unbelievable game, which pisses me off because he had zero class towards the end.

AJ did a half-decent job on him and should have remained on him the entire game. Tyrese struggled to defend him. Very excited for AJ to continue being a shutdown defender and guarding every team's best player next year.

Sanogo struggled again, partially because this team is offensively flawed with a lack of outside shooting. If you're not going to play Akok or Hawkins, it is what it is. NMST crowded the paint and CLEARLY studied/stole their gameplan from Creighton who beat us twice (a formula that worked so they copied it).

Hopefully, a game like this adds to Sanogo's motivation to improve and increase his killer instinct. A blocked breakaway dunk, a missed bunny at the rim, a horrible foul on a 3-point shooter, just too many mistakes from our best player. Surround this man with shooters next year to give him some breathing room. If he can develop a consistent 18-foot jump shot he'll be even scarier to gameplan for.

We all should've known going in the construction of this team proved to be very one-dimensional on offense, which won't get you far in a single-elimination tournament. Learn from it, keep building, I have faith in Danny and the staff.

On to next year. Thank you, Isaiah and Tyler.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
And not the GOAT. I remember seeing Lindsay Hunter destroy us at Gampel in the NIT and recall thinking at the time that I'd never seen anything like that.

Reaction Score
And not the GOAT. I remember seeing Lindsay Hunter destroy us at Gampel in the NIT and recall thinking at the time that I'd never seen anything like that.

Go back and watch the FDU game someday with Elijah Allen. That was the most dominating, efficient performance I can ever remember. 43 pts on 14-17 shooting. And tough shots, too. Phenomenal performance.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
His release looks likes what Lonzo Ball's release would look like it if drank a case of Four Lokos. I hate him.

Reaction Score
Can we stop with the GOAT references? You can’t be a GOAT for 1 night. You can be a GOTN, but not a GOAT - that requires more than 2 hrs of work, even for a kid who has been in college for nearly AT.

Reaction Score
One more win for sure and probably without another and Chris Jans is moving on. Teddy Allen will not be joining him. I think Hurley would have a strong interest in landing him. Hurley loves the guy and "Buckets" likes Hurley. UConn would be a great place for him to continue his education!!! They are two peas in a pod type guys. Some strong similarities. If it doesn't explode like it could then it could be special!! Jans and TB have fought all year but Buckets is providing Jans the opportunity to leave NMSU.

Jans rolled the dice with this kid on how to handle him once he got on campus. Ultimately it just became Teddy Time and that is why Jans was smiling at his antics. He doesn't condone it but knew where his bread was buttered.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
He had to be warned, on multiple occasions, about flopping and showboating. Kid has transferred FIVE! times for a reason. Hard to watch someone like that go off against you.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
He's older than everyone else on the court because he strangled his girlfriend at WSU and was dismissed. 24 years old in June! Scumbag POS woman-beater, really hate to lose to that.
So hard to watch.

I wonder what happened the other 3 or 4 times he had to transfer?

Reaction Score

He is not even a top 10 player in Aggie history. GOAT...LOL.

willie99

Reaction Score
He is not even a top 10 player in Aggie history. GOAT...LOL.
"Goat LAST NIGHT"

Words have meaning.... LOL

"It's a metaphor" Jersey Boys

Reaction Score
GOAT x1 game, looks like that post game ice bath he had cooled him off permanently! We should have a OOC game with NMST next year! Revenge game!

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
"Goat LAST NIGHT"

Words have meaning.... LOL

"It's a metaphor" Jersey Boys
Yeah but in that same vein I am having a hard time reconciling “all time” with “ last night”.

How can one be the greatest of “all time” in a single night? Doesn’t “all time” consist of more than one day?

Reaction Score
Yeah but in that same vein I am having a hard time reconciling “all time” with “ last night”.

How can one be the greatest of “all time” in a single night? Doesn’t “all time” consist of more than one day?
I’m still wondering how the hell that happened. I sat behind the NM St bench and he looked so slow and clunky, ugly shot, just nothing to be impressed by. He reverted back to form against Arkansas, of course

Reaction Score
I’m still wondering how the hell that happened. I sat behind the NM St bench and he looked so slow and clunky, ugly shot, just nothing to be impressed by. He reverted back to form against Arkansas, of course
Magic spell against UCONN wore off.

willie99

Reaction Score

You're trying too hard. If metaphor ain't good enough, try levity

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom