Teams with the best record against us | The Boneyard

Teams with the best record against us

Reaction Score
I saw a graphic during the Stanford game about the teams that historically have done the best against us.
Stanford -- now it's 11-7 UConn. That's a bit misleading because Stanford won the first 3. Then, after "the Championship Team" (1995), it's 11-4 UConn.

I believe Tennessee was on the graphic. It's 13-9 UConn. That is also misleading because they refuse to play us. I mean, come on, we play them since Maya, and we kill them each time. It is what it is.

OK, which was the third team on the graphic? I don't remember.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I saw a graphic during the Stanford game about the teams that historically have done the best against us.
Stanford -- now it's 11-7 UConn. That's a bit misleading because Stanford won the first 3. Then, after "the Championship Team" (1995), it's 11-4 UConn.

I believe Tennessee was on the graphic. It's 13-9 UConn. That is also misleading because they refuse to play us. I mean, come on, we play them since Maya, and we kill them each time. It is what it is.

Without research, my first thought must be ND.

Reaction Score

I thought there was some small school out there that's 3-0 against UConn because they played them way back when Geno was just getting started in Storrs.

Reaction Score
I don't think so. For so many years, we destroyed ND. There was just the Skylar period when they beat us, I think, 7 out of 9, or close to that.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score

It was North Carolina. I was intrigued by that graphic too, and did a little digging. As you noted, the Vols haven't played UConn since '07, tho' they did win 3 in a row at that point. UNC was a regular feature on the schedule through at least '09, maybe further - but, nothing recently. At least with ND and the Farm, they haven't shied away much in recent years - some, but not much.

Reaction Score
I want to say Uconn leads North Carolina 6-4. A combined record of 30-20 Uconn against all 3. Well below Genos winning % at 60%.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom