Team USA @ Oregon St - 11/04/19 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Team USA @ Oregon St - 11/04/19

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
One of those freshman posts of Rueck stuffed Nneka. If OSU is the 3rd best PAC team I can't wait to see the other 2.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I'm thinking Nneka definitely needs to be on the Olympic team this go around.
She's as much of a lock as an Olympic rookie could possibly be.

She was on the World Cup team two years ago, FWIW.

Reaction Score
I hate when they ignore the game to chit chat with someone. But that's Mary Murphy. The game is just there as a background to her incessant babble.

Reaction Score
More and more I watch the games on mute and put some music on. Much nicer than swearing at the screen. :)

Reaction Score
Oregon State was out 1-2 starters in Kat Tudor and Taya Corosdale.

Slocum is really, really good.

Reaction Score
From USABB: USA Women’s National Team Tops Oregon State 81-58

From The Oregonian: Team USA women’s basketball pulls away during the second half to beat No. 7 Oregon State 81-58: Live updates recap

1572931325812.png

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
She's as much of a lock as an Olympic rookie could possibly be.

She was on the World Cup team two years ago, FWIW.

She was also on on 2014 World Cup team that played in Istanbul. I and a few other BYers were there and Nneka played really well. Geno reportedly wanted her on the 2016 Olympic team but she didn't make it. A bit of a story there but no point in repeating it. Nneka then played for Team USA at the 2018 World Cup in Tenerife. I thought she had a good but not great tournament. I hope she makes the Olympic team next year.

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
She was also on on 2014 World Cup team that played in Istanbul. I and a few other BYers were there and Nneka played really well. Geno reportedly wanted her on the 2016 Olympic team but she didn't it. A bit of a story there but no point in repeating it. Nneka then played for Team USA at the 2018 World Cup in Tenerife. I thought she had a good but not great tournament. I hope she makes the Olympic team next year.
This is the first I've heard of Geno wanting her on the 2016 team. What was the story with that?

Reaction Score
These 8 players are being paid to be a part of the Team USA training program. One would have to assume they have the upper hand in making the final Olympic roster.
Sue Bird
Elena Delle Donne
Skylar Diggins-Smith
Sylvia Fowles
Chelsea Gray
Nneka Ogwumike
Diana Taurasi
A’ja Wilson

I would have to assume Griner is an automatic for the final roster. Also Stewart if she is physically able. That would fill out all the post slots.

That would leave two spots left more in the area of SF/G.

Maya? McCoughtry? DeShields? Collier? Heaven forbid, Ogunbowale?

Reaction Score
Was at the game tonight. First time to see any of these pros up close. Diana is hilarious, and, really fun to watch, even her warm-ups. Love Diana's enthusiasm for the game and her team. Nneka is a stud. A'Ja Wilson is unstoppable, and so smooth in the post.

I was very happy to observe OSU tonight without the benefit of having Kat Tudor and Taya Corosdale. When these 2 return to OSU, I see nothing but goodness for OSU. This is my 3rd game at Gill Coliseum this year, and Destiny has taken her game to another level. Aleah Goodman is a flat out stud. Her 3v3 experience this year has really improved her defense, and, her ability to create a shot. A very cerebral player. Our freshman BIGs did very well. Pivec had a rough outing, and, was trying too hard tonight. Pivec, like she always does, will come back beast mode. The PAC-12 is going to be crazy good this year. This experience was great for OSU tonight, and, Rueck is going to get a lot of mileage out of this game tonight, and he will leverage these lessons all season long.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Tina Charles is a definite. Tough decisions.

Reaction Score
These 8 players are being paid to be a part of the Team USA training program. One would have to assume they have the upper hand in making the final Olympic roster.
Sue Bird
Elena Delle Donne
Skylar Diggins-Smith
Sylvia Fowles
Chelsea Gray
Nneka Ogwumike
Diana Taurasi
A’ja Wilson

I would have to assume Griner is an automatic for the final roster. Also Stewart if she is physically able. That would fill out all the post slots.

That would leave two spots left more in the area of SF/G.

Maya? McCoughtry? DeShields? Collier? Heaven forbid, Ogunbowale?
They were selling USA named jersey's at the OSU game last night and they said they only had "official US Players". They were only selling #4-18 So in addition to the USA players at the game (#5 Augustus, #6 Bird, #9 Wilson, #12 Taurasi, #13 Fowles, #`16 Ogwumike, #17 Diggins-Smith, and #18 Gray), they also had #4 Loyd, #7 Moore, #8 McCoughtry, #10 Stewart, #11 Della-Donne, #14 Charles, and #15 Griner. They did not have Collier (#24). Clarenden (#23), or Alisha Gray (#35) who also played in the game. Plum was supposed to be there, but was missing.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Was at the game tonight. First time to see any of these pros up close. Diana is hilarious, and, really fun to watch, even her warm-ups. Love Diana's enthusiasm for the game and her team. Nneka is a stud. A'Ja Wilson is unstoppable, and so smooth in the post.

I was very happy to observe OSU tonight without the benefit of having Kat Tudor and Taya Corosdale. When these 2 return to OSU, I see nothing but goodness for OSU. This is my 3rd game at Gill Coliseum this year, and Destiny has taken her game to another level. Aleah Goodman is a flat out stud. Her 3v3 experience this year has really improved her defense, and, her ability to create a shot. A very cerebral player. Our freshman BIGs did very well. Pivec had a rough outing, and, was trying too hard tonight. Pivec, like she always does, will come back beast mode. The PAC-12 is going to be crazy good this year. This experience was great for OSU tonight, and, Rueck is going to get a lot of mileage out of this game tonight, and he will leverage these lessons all season long.
Enjoyed the game. Our crowd was great. Destiny was destiny. I think the Freshman Jones and Brown were awesome and even the Australian Simmons added some value. I agree we need Kat and Taya, but the team will grow. I also agree Mikayla was taken out of her game and she will come back. Still Aleah was a cold assassin a few times with her 3's and great on D. She is my favorite player on the team. So fun to watch.

It will be fun to see how the Ducks play this USA team on Saturday which I will also see 1st hand. I hope the crowd will be as great.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I really really like this OSU team. They weren’t supposed to beat the USA team, but they showed grit and kept the game competitive for the most part. A couple of “college“ passes in the 1st half created uncontested layups by the USA team. Those passing lanes close quickly against the professionals. OSU exceeded my expectations. Those ”Towers” of theirs will cause HUGE problems in the PAC 12. I’ve never seen Pivec play until last night. She’s a baller and a competitor! Hopefully, I will get to see some of their games this season.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Plum was supposed to be there, but was missing.

I think it was known ahead of time she would miss the first 2 games due to previous commitments.

Reaction Score
Jones and Brown are darn impressive for freshmen.

Jones grabbed a rebound, missed, grabbed her miss, put it up for an and-1. All over A’ja Wilson.

They have posted a picture, taken some time ago, of Jones and L. Cox holding up their arms, comparing reaches.. Cox was listed as 6'4"a the time, while Jones was then listed as 6'3". The Picture revealed that Jones had half a hand advantage on Cox even then. Cox is known for her long arms, so Jones must be able to tie her shoes without bending over. She plays much taller than her Sr. year listed height of 6'4". It is not how tall you are but your reach that is important in basketball.

Reaction Score
It's hard to tell her wingspan from just watching her, but it's easy to tell how long her legs are. Her inseam is visibly a couple inches longer than 6'6" Kennedy Brown's. If her arms are proportionate, the rumors of a 7'3" wingspan are likely close to the truth.

Reaction Score
I can tell you from watching 3 games from court side seats, she plays longer/taller than our 6'7" center, Trish Morris. Some of that can also be attributed to her skills as well, but WOW, a great defensive presence down low, blocking AND changing shots.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom