Team Still Sloppy | The Boneyard

Team Still Sloppy

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Personal foul on Paul. Easy call on late hit OOB.

Opening kickoff of second half. Kills any chance of helping defense by spotting ball at 35.

Two TO's on Knights side of field. At least one inside the red zone. Two were fumbles at the end of the play. Football players make plays on defense but make them earn them. None in the red zone and none while falling to the ground.

This team still isn't anywhere talented enough to leave points on the board and go backwards and still succeed.

Hope this is a kick in the face to the players. Unfortunately all they have practiced against and seen for the past 8+ months are teammates from a losing team.

I still think the team that suits up on the 12th game will be a better team than tonight, but this team is no where near competitive against anything other than the dregs of FBS or against FCS teams.

Reaction Score
we moved the ball on offense. we may have shot ourselves in the foot, but I still liked most of what I saw.

The defense is so bad. If Keyshawn Paul is the starter I can't imagine how much worse everyone else is

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Offense is serviceable and will hang 30+ a few times this year.

Dunn isn't over his head calling plays as OC.

I knew the O was in trouble in the first quarter when UConn needed a first down and Mayala was wide open over the middle. Pindell needed to throw to a spot anywhere near Hergy and was 3 yards behind and 5' high. Incomplete. Ouch.

Reaction Score
Every underclassman makes mistakes, particularly DBs who get to make their errors in space for all to see. We have a defense that is almost exclusively kids playing against one of the best offenses in college football. What did people expect? This is a defense being built for 2020, when it will be very good. In the interim they will struggle and improve. This season I expect a few surprisingly good games mixed with several more disasters.

Meanwhile the offense was a bit too dependent on Pindell's running, but it's encouraging that they racked up nearly 500 yards on a strong team. They need incremental improvement in all phases, but I think they'll be fine.

I'm going to the Syracuse game so, hopefully, we'll see significant gains in the coming month.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
There's no way Pindell will survive the season having to run the ball this much. Orlovsky pointed out he's not a big guy and the hits will take a toll.

Reaction Score
Offense is serviceable and will hang 30+ a few times this year.

Dunn isn't over his head calling plays as OC.

I knew the O was in trouble in the first quarter when UConn needed a first down and Mayala was wide open over the middle. Pindell needed to throw to a spot anywhere near Hergy and was 3 yards behind and 5' high. Incomplete. Ouch.
I winced at Pindell's throw too, but Milton missed inexplicably a couple times too.

I think Dunn's head scratching run calls at certain junctures need to be cleaned up. Yeah, maybe he was kissing up to run-first Randy, but if so he needs to grow a couple.

Thought the pass protection was pretty good and agree Pindell needs to go through his progressions more. But that one pass across the field to his right while on the move in the opposite direction, off the back foot, was pretty impressive. Full marks for that as the receiver was in sandlot mode by then and how Pindell saw him is anyone's guess.

From Pindell's standpoint I understand why he leaves a bit early. He runs for a 100 yards against one of the nation's best teams. Why wouldn't he? The man has confidence. I worry though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom