Team Sightings at Practice? | The Boneyard

Team Sightings at Practice?

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
I enjoy the many well-written and thoughtful posts about what our Huskies might do this season. But has anyone actually seen this new edition of our team in action? Are pick up/ practices closed at this point? Are the new players coming along? It's hard to wait with patience (or without it).

Reaction Score
I enjoy the many well-written and thoughtful posts about what our Huskies might do this season. But has anyone actually seen this new edition of our team in action? Are pick up/ practices closed at this point? Are the new players coming along? It's hard to wait with patience (or without it).

Everybody is home for the summer until they start practicing for the Italy trip. They were on campus together during the first summer session but only pick up games are allowed during this period.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I thought "pick-up games" can happen any time long as coaches arent in the gym... I understand they may be home or whatever right now but I talking about any other summer when they're not going to Italy

Reaction Score
I thought "pick-up games" can happen any time long as coaches arent in the gym... I understand they may be home or whatever right now but I talking about any other summer when they're not going to Italy

It's confusing how I wrote it. I was trying to convey that at the time during the first summer session when they were all on campus together pick up games were the only form of "practice" they could conduct. Yes, pick up games can happen anytime as long as there is no interaction by coaches.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
It's confusing how I wrote it. I was trying to convey that at the time during the first summer session when they were all on campus together pick up games were the only form of "practice" they could conduct. Yes, pick up games can happen anytime as long as there is no interaction by coaches.
@TitleTown the bolded part of that statement is not correct. NCAA changed the rule in (2013?) Coaches can practice with players up to two hours per day not to exceed eight hours per week or more than 5 consecutive days while the students are on campus and taking classes. I only know this because the rule changed while my daughter was still in college. The pickup games are what the player organize after they are done working with there coaches.

Reaction Score
@TitleTown the bolded part of that statement is not correct. NCAA changed the rule in (2013?) Coaches can practice with players up to two hours per day not to exceed eight hours per week or more than 5 consecutive days while the students are on campus and taking classes. I only know this because the rule changed while my daughter was still in college. The pickup games are what the player organize after they are done working with there coaches.

I think you posted this same piece last summer---next year just cut and paste.
But that old --rule of no coaches just kinda stick in the brain cells. This new -er rule appears to be much more sensible.
Thanks for making clarity out of the NCAA rules (at least this ONE).

Reaction Score

You are correct. I was not aware of the rule change and I apologize for my mistake.

Reaction Score
Gabby was on campus last Sunday. I saw her around Storrs Center with a couple others I didn't recognize.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom