Team Marquette Pre-Game Comments | The Boneyard

Team Marquette Pre-Game Comments

Reaction Score
Guys sound like they're locked in.. FWIW..I'm not worried about our offense/ability to score.. Can we keep them from getting comfortable and scoring?? If we can bring energy/defense/boards/win 50-50 balls/deflections.. I like our chances at home with a crazy XL crowd..

Lets do this..

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Guys sound like they're locked in.. FWIW..I'm not worried about our offense/ability to score.. Can we keep them from getting comfortable and scoring?? If we can bring energy/defense/boards/win 50-50 balls/deflections.. I like our chances at home with a crazy XL crowd..

Lets do this..

That’s the trick but it’s a tall order. By my eye test ( and I said this before the first Marquette game) they are pretty much the best offense in college ( them and X) I’m sure some math guy will say but kenpom stats says Southeast directional state is better. Don’t care. There are math stats and there is the Adub eye test. Now let’s be straight here, the Adub eye test is absolutely fallible. But it’s better than every metric you nerds can pull out. Site s searchable, pull out the wrongs I’ll pull out the rights x10.

/nelsonmuntz

I think we can stop them. Have to limit fouls.

Reaction Score
Here’s hoping Alex is looking like this on April 3rd…

1675732231422.jpeg

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
So bummed I’m down in the Caribbean and can’t go to the game…..really
Cue the world's smallest violin

Im in Michigan on business , and 2 of my nephews are 1/2 time entertainmentat at XL tomorrow ( playing an exhibition at half) I had good seats,. I'll be at Arbys in Whitehall, MI watching the game on my phone for mojo. Least you can do is the same at Boston jerk center if you're east in jamaica

Last edited:

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Karaban reminds me of Giffey.

Reaction Score
That’s the trick but it’s a tall order. By my eye test ( and I said this before the first Marquette game) they are pretty much the best offense in college ( them and X) I’m sure some math guy will say but kenpom stats says Southeast directional state is better. Don’t care. There are math stats and there is the Adub eye test. Now let’s be straight here, the Adub eye test is absolutely fallible. But it’s better than every metric you nerds can pull out. Site s searchable, pull out the wrongs I’ll pull out the rights x10.

/nelsonmuntz

I think we can stop them. Have to limit fouls.

I too thought that Marquette looked great on the eye test early on. Their offense flows from their defense. They lead the BE in opponent turnovers and are 6th in the country among P6 teams. As a result they lead the country in 2-point FG%. Easy to score a high % when you’re taking layups.

Last time we met, it was a close game that could have gone either way. It would help this time if we can put them away early if we have the opportunity like last time. Not likely.

I agree that we have to limit fouls. We also need to exploit our advantage on the boards and not turn the ball over. I think we even things up with a win in this game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom