Team is better than what we have watched but lacks one player with size and bulk | The Boneyard

Team is better than what we have watched but lacks one player with size and bulk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The bottom line--we should've blown Maryland out of the building and the same thing happened against a pretty good Yale team. We seem to have a start/ stop button. This team is so lethal offensively--we are just touching the surface. It is my belief that we will see the real Deandre Daniels starting against Detroit and not looking back--I mean the 17-8-3 Daniels. Deandre needs a few simple plays--go get on the offensive backboard for a put back--go get fouled on a drive to the basket--get some FT's under your belt--and than hes going to take off. I think when we are able to play faster--as in playing end to end--we will see what Uconn can do. We have to force tempo--we have the depth to do it--pick up full court every play and on offense we are a perfect team to play seven seconds or less. We want volume--we want end to end action. We have to get up move the ball and take the first open play and force the tempo--this team can be incredible--anyone can see it. We do have the lack of girth/one player who weighs 250 who can go in there and get a basket under neath by forcing their way in. But we can compensate for that with speed and skill. KO time to pick up the tempo and I feel good Deandre will be join the party here starting next game. God I wish we had Wolfe but this might end up being my favorite team of all time.

Reaction Score
Another "Wolfe" post from you, and you STILL can't spell the dude's name right. Kromah + getting Brimah as many minutes as possible for his development>Wolf

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Team is 2-0 with a quality win and a win that was never in question. We need to have realistic expectations. Are we expecting 2004 Huskies to show up next game?

This season feels a lot like 2011, where there are 20 or so teams that can win it all if they got a decent seed and get hot at the right time. college basketball is wide open this year. We should just enjoy the games and hope the team can get a decent seed for the NCAA tournament, because then anything can happen.

Reaction Score
We certainly could use that type of strong player, kind of a Pitt prototype who on the first day of practice gets marched in and then has his handcuffs removed, 25 or 26 years old as a freshman, picture prominently dispayed on all post office walls............

Reaction Score
We certainly could use that type of strong player, kind of a Pitt prototype who on the first day of practice gets marched in and then has his handcuffs removed, 25 or 26 years old as a freshman, picture prominently dispayed on all post office walls............

He's coming next year, minus the age and prison record.

Reaction Score
I don't usually post a lot here but I have been reading for a while now. I just don't get it around here. Literally feels like we are 0-2 around here. This team is going to be a hell of a lot of fun to watch. I don't get if people expect us to win by 100 every game or what. We beat Maryland, who I believe will be a tournament team this year and for 30 minutes we looked incredible. We also beat Yale by 18 points, where the game was never in question. Instead of being positive and mentioning all things we have to look forward to and all the things we did well, its all oh.....we can't rebound.....Daniels has issues.....we can't close....everyone is sooo miserable around here, its just one critical post after another. It's baffling.

Reaction Score
I don't usually post a lot here but I have been reading for a while now. I just don't get it around here. Literally feels like we are 0-2 around here. This team is going to be a hell of a lot of fun to watch. I don't get if people expect us to win by 100 every game or what. We beat Maryland, who I believe will be a tournament team this year and for 30 minutes we looked incredible. We also beat Yale by 18 points, where the game was never in question. Instead of being positive and mentioning all things we have to look forward to and all the things we did well, its all oh.....we can't rebound.....Daniels has issues.....we can't close....everyone is sooo miserable around here, its just one critical post after another. It's baffling.
Don't agree that everyone thinks the sky is falling, I get the impression from most posts that we are generally stoked with the quality of our pieces this year and especially the potential, but hey it's the holiday season and what's wrong with a little gift dreaming? As far as being critical and looking to see what needs adjustment and improvement? That's how we do time.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Post more often. Love to have posters with a positive attitude contribute. Threee things from my observation. Take it for what it is worth. First, what you are pointing out is only partly accurate. Negativity has been present since I've been on these forums which is about ten years. Second, as jibsey stated, there are positive and negative opinions expressed over most issues. Third, people who are unhappy about something are more likely to spend time expressing their discontent than happy people are likely to spend time expressing their contentment.

Reaction Score
I think DD can make a big difference when he eventually shows up.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score

Seriously though, if only we had Broken Ankles Mcghee we would be unstoppable! :D

Reaction Score
This team won't wake up one day and figure out how to rebound. You either have it or you don't. This team can beat top teams by great ball movement, shooting lights out and creating turnovers, similar to the first half of the MD game and the MSU game in Germany last year. Watching MSU, Kansas, Duke, UK play last night was an eye opener for me. They are all talented and deep teams that rebound and all except UK have experience in key spots. Considering all of those teams will get better and throwing in Louisville, OK State and some others, this will be an extremely difficult year to win it all, but it will be really fun to watch.

Reaction Score
I agree that we will have a fun team to watch.

I watched part of the Yale game again and it was clear that our bigs are simply out of position to rebound on many plays. There were times when Bazz would grab a rebound and our bigs were 6 feet away from the ball and simply standing around watching (not on every play of course but enough to point it out).

I disagree from the standpoint that you either have it or you don't. There are players like EO or Randle on Uk that have it- then there are players like Thabeet that had to learn it as a skill. We do not need to win every rebound battle- but we need to at least be on par with the teams we are playing to make any noise in the post season.

The good news is that IMHO we do everything else better then most teams I have seen play this year. Get our rebounding to improve and we can hang with anyone. KO is on the money and knows what we need to do to compete on a high level.

Reaction Score
I agree that we will have a fun team to watch.

I watched part of the Yale game again and it was clear that our bigs are simply out of position to rebound on many plays. There were times when Bazz would grab a rebound and our bigs were 6 feet away from the ball and simply standing around watching (not on every play of course but enough to point it out).

I disagree from the standpoint that you either have it or you don't. There are players like EO or Randle on Uk that have it- then there are players like Thabeet that had to learn it as a skill. We do not need to win every rebound battle- but we need to at least be on par with the teams we are playing to make any noise in the post season.

The good news is that IMHO we do everything else better then most teams I have seen play this year. Get our rebounding to improve and we can hang with anyone. KO is on the money and knows what we need to do to compete on a high level.
I agree. Our backcourt is better than any team I saw last night. Nobody has a point guard on Bazz's level. Randle would give us fits though.

Reaction Score
If Tyler were punched in the face and punked during a game, just maybe he could be that bulky person we need. He could play a 4-5 foul enforcer role.

Reaction Score
I really think olander could help us physically, it's mentally he doesn't stay focused for long minutes... And it hurts the team tenfold. Olander just looks much stronger than any of our bigs
If Tyler were punched in the face and punked during a game, just maybe he could be that bulky person we need. He could play a 4-5 foul enforcer role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom