Teaira MCCOWAN and other commonly misspelled WCBB names | The Boneyard

Teaira MCCOWAN and other commonly misspelled WCBB names

Reaction Score
Women's Basketball Roster - Mississippi State University Athletics

I’ve seen more than a few instances of her name being spelled, “McGowan” and just wanted to post a thread of the proper spelling. I’m sure this happens to other players as well (Olivia Ododa-Nelson [it’s Nelson-Ododa; hence ONO] comes to mind) and hoped we could all help each other out to get these names right. :D

...and it's not only players names, back when UConn played Stanford on a yearly basis some managed to spell as Stamford for a city in CT. I suppose this is why more and more players names have been abbreviated.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Women's Basketball Roster - Mississippi State University Athletics

I’ve seen more than a few instances of her name being spelled, “McGowan” and just wanted to post a thread of the proper spelling. I’m sure this happens to other players as well (Olivia Ododa-Nelson [it’s Nelson-Ododa; hence ONO] comes to mind) and hoped we could all help each other out to get these names right. :D
I usually get her last name right ... and her first name wrong. Triple vowel: Teaira.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
There is a Tierra McGowan on Morehead State’s roster. I always got a kick out of that.
Last year they were listed right next to each other on the NCAA rebounding stats.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I notice that names containing apostrophes tend to cause misses:

A'ja Wilson
Te'a Cooper
Ae'Rianna Harris (Purdue)

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors