OT: Teacher Friends-Cover Letter Help | The Boneyard

OT: Teacher Friends-Cover Letter Help

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
My fellow boneyard teachers, I'm putting together a cover letter for an application, which I haven't done in a while, and was looking for some feedback as to how long it should be. I don't want to simply repeat my resume and am a little unsure what to include and not to include. Thanks in advance!

Reaction Score
If youre in the humanities especially, make sure you write really well.

Find a spot in your letter to mention the school by name. In mine I just have a sectj on in the word doc highblighted so I remember to change it

Get your formatting right. I've thrown out apps for teachers instantly over that.

Make sure to write about your joiurney, w hat you learned and how you became a better teacher at each spot

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Three paragraphs and you are correct to not just repeat your resume. Use a cover letter to give context and life to your resume.

Paragraph one - State clearly job you are applying for, your interest in the career and why company X is best for that.

Paragraph two- A few sentences explaining how your skills and background make you a qualified candidate for the position.

Paragraph three- Wrap it up. Explain you are excited to interview for the position and you want to explore it further.

There are a million websites and samples available.

This has reasonable advice.

Write the Perfect Cover Letter With This Template

Reaction Score
2-3 paragraphs nothing fancy just quick highlights of why you are interested in the gig, your particular skill set(s), and why you are a great hire.

Reaction Score
Depending on company and size, you want to know who is reading it. HR recruiter? You want to show how you meet the qualifications.

Small company or the hiring manager? Tell them what you can do for them and why your skills are what they need.

No one cares what you did, tell them what you are going to do.

Good luck.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Depending on company and size, you want to know who is reading it. HR recruiter? You want to show how you meet the qualifications.

Small company or the hiring manager? Tell them what you can do for them and why your skills are what they need.

No one cares what you did, tell them what you are going to do.

Good luck.
It’s for teaching...

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Are you in CT?

If so, pick another profession.

Reaction Score
Like a woman's skirt.
Short enough to be interesting.
Long enough to cover the subject.

Reaction Score
Mine was:

First paragraph- Mention something specific about the district/school and talk about qualities I have that match up with their mission statement or anything else i can find about the schools initiatives
Second paragraph- Explained my style of teaching and described a good lesson I've done
3rd paragraph-Described my ability to connect with the kids and gave examples
4th paragraph- typical short conclusion like any cover letter template

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom