Te'a Cooper, no mention of her transferring? | The Boneyard

Te'a Cooper, no mention of her transferring?

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
its in the transfer thread.... last few pages
I thought it would be but Im not digging thru all of that... I even used the "search box" and nothing came up about her. Well, no up to date news.
Thanks for informing me.

Nice profile pic

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I thought it would be but Im not digging thru all of that... I even used the "search box" and nothing came up about her. Well, no up to date news.
Thanks for informing me.

Its on the last few pages in the thread ........ pretty interesting stuff.... got some good insight and input from some guests

Nice profile pic

Gotta keep things fresh for the off-season..... stay tuned for some of my future ex-wives :p:D

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Gotta keep things fresh for the off-season..... stay tuned for some of my future ex-wives :p:D

Perchance a fan of Big Bang Theory? Sounds a bit like Wolowitz here!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
People who seem to be in the know say that Cooper was not asked back

Also rumors of a fight between Cooper and someone else - possibly a teammate, possibly filmed.

Reaction Score

Also rumors of a fight between Cooper and someone else - possibly a teammate, possibly filmed.

If the fight is true, and they were all teammates, they should have all been dismissed from the team.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score

AAU coach here told me fight is the reason and that it's circulating among the coaches and there is video. Hope that stays off the Internet for all their sake. But yes. There was a fight and she was dismissed. He also said it was the schools decision and out of HW hands.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
AAU coach here told me fight is the reason and that it's circulating among the coaches and there is video. Hope that stays off the Internet for all their sake. But yes. There was a fight and she was dismissed. He also said it was the schools decision and out of HW hands.

Lemme go check out worldstarhiphop :cool:

Reaction Score

Diamond is not forever, no surprise....LOL

Reaction Score
it breaks my heart to see Cooper go but I have to give major props to the university and holly. in a time where students are getting away with much worse, the school put its foot down and sent a message that bad conduct will not be tolerated, even from a super talented athlete. pat would be proud.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
it breaks my heart to see Cooper go but I have to give major props to the university and holly. in a time where students are getting away with much worse, the school put its foot down and sent a message that bad conduct will not be tolerated, even from a super talented athlete. pat would be proud.
With all due respect, Cooper had a decent freshman year and sat out this past year due to injury. We really won't know how successful the rehab was or whether Cooper will ever reach her potential until she gets back on the court. At the same time, UT has one of the best freshmen classes in the country coming in.

Under the circumstances, it's a bit of hyperbole to suggest that UT & HW deserve "major props" for getting rid of Cooper. Now if they had shown DD the door after several years of "me-oriented" play, that would have been genuinely impressive.

Reaction Score
With all due respect, Cooper had a decent freshman year and sat out this past year due to injury. We really won't know how successful the rehab was or whether Cooper will ever reach her potential until she gets back on the court. At the same time, UT has one of the best freshmen classes in the country coming in.

Under the circumstances, it's a bit of hyperbole to suggest that UT & HW deserve "major props" for getting rid of Cooper. Now if they had shown DD the door after several years of "me-oriented" play, that would have been genuinely impressive.

I said she was a super talented athlete and she is. I have no clue how DD gets brought into every TN issue. Both UCONN and TN recruited her so she can't be that bad....;)

Reaction Score
Side note: thanks to a separate thread on the men's board, I learned that P5 schools cannot take away a player's scholarship (except for disciplinary issues). You could kick someone off the team, but you'd still have to honor the scholarship. Tenn has scholly room, so I'm guessing Cooper was told "you're no longer part of the team; would you like to transfer?"

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
You seem to be confirming much of what has been written above about a fight and dismissal, are you?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I said she was a super talented athlete and she is. I have no clue how DD gets brought into every TN issue. Both UConn and TN recruited her so she can't be that bad....;)
It was probably a cheap shot on my part to reference DD. The point I was trying to make is that HW & UT's decision to let Cooper go was probably not as significant as you and others have suggested, particularly if her rehab has not gone well.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score

C'mon Dude
She was a fine player
Showed a lot of spunk, even when the team quit (as the ofter did in her freshman year).
If healthy, she surely would have been starting point.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
C'mon Dude
She was a fine player
Showed a lot of spunk, even when the team quit (as the ofter did in her freshman year).
If healthy, she surely would have been starting point.
We both agree that Cooper was a fine (your adjective) or decent (my adjective) player at UT as a freshman, almost 2 years ago, before being sidelined with a serious knee injury. My point to LV9 is that we don't know how Cooper's rehab has gone., whether she will ever be able to regain her prior form, and UT is bringing in an outstanding recruiting class, so I am suggesting that the decision to let Cooper go may not be as significant as some UT fans have suggested.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
We both agree that Cooper was a fine (your adjective) or decent (my adjective) player at UT as a freshman, almost 2 years ago, before being sidelined with a serious knee injury. My point to LV9 is that we don't know how Cooper's rehab has gone., whether she will ever be able to regain her prior form, and UT is bringing in an outstanding recruiting class, so I am suggesting that the decision to let Cooper go may not be as significant as some UT fans have suggested.
I do want to disagree slightly- I think she was better than "fine" her freshman year. She was 4th on the team in scoring (8.6 PPG), and started 15 games. She averaged 22 minutes per game - and was projected as the star PG of the future for them.

Compare that to Moriah Jefferson who had very similar stats except her PPG were only 4.7 her freshman year. Now no way am I saying that Tea would have been as good as Moriah over her 4 years, but she was expected to be a bright star for them by almost all Tenn fans...

Reaction Score
I do want to disagree slightly- I think she was better than "fine" her freshman year. She was 4th on the team in scoring (8.6 PPG), and started 15 games. She averaged 22 minutes per game - and was projected as the star PG of the future for them.

Compare that to Moriah Jefferson who had very similar stats except her PPG were only 4.7 her freshman year. Now no way am I saying that Tea would have been as good as Moriah over her 4 years, but she was expected to be a bright star for them by almost all Tenn fans...
The biggest problem with Cooper leaving is that she was the experienced guard that would give the freshmen guards the ability to get some college experience before being thrown into the brink. This was a year Tenn was expecting to do well. Now, its a question mark with frosh running the offense. Then, next year the big 3, Mercedes, diamond and Nared will be gone and the more experienced guards won't have as much talent/experience to work with.

Reaction Score
Diamond is not forever, no surprise....LOL

Are you implying that the fight was with Diamond? That's hard to believe considering they are very good friends and have been working out together over the summer.

Reaction Score

If that's the case why was Cooper the only one dismissed and not the teammate she fought with? Or the teammate that filmed it? Why are coaches circulating the video? Whole situation seems strange. Can't understand why UT would let their star PG go when they have such a HUGE year ahead (w/DD, Mercedes, Nared, and the 4 incoming AAs).

Cooper is visiting South Carolina now... so you released her just so she could take her talent to your conference rivals and make them even BETTER? Wouldn't UT have to give her special permission to transfer to another SEC school? Like I said...STRANGE. Has to be more to the story

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom