Te’a Cooper to Baylor | The Boneyard

Te’a Cooper to Baylor

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Te’a Cooper to Baylor

The magical mystery tour continues :p

(Didn’t see this in any other threads after a quick perusal — apologies if I missed it somewhere.)

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Wondering who has awakened among that heralded freshman class in Waco last year. Only Na'Lyssa Smith among that class played in the championship game against Notre Dame, so I'm obviously wondering who has upped their game among the Baylor tent.

So far.... Landrum, Smith, Cox, and Richards. Now Cooper. Assuming that's the starting lineup.... should be interesting to see if Baylor becomes some super deep team. Teams with depth have an advantage in the 4th quarter. I don't think depth is as important in the tournament as it is in the regular season when you're trying to gruel out a tough conference schedule. But I think it is key if you wanna go 15-1 or 14-2 in a tough conference. But then the Big-12 probably isn't a tough conference, so I guess that point doesn't apply here.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Gonna be some exits at the end of the year in Waco.
It’s only 1 year! Plus she’s good friends with Half the girls before she transferred! The team chemistry will be fine! Lauren cox won’t take any Stop from cooper if happens! Everyone knows the team belongs to cox!

Reaction Score
Wondering who has awaken among that heralded freshman class in Waco last year. Only Na'Lyssa Smith among that class played in the championship game against Notre Dame, so I'm obviously wondering who has upped their game among the Baylor tent.

So far.... Landrum, Smith, Cox, and Richards. Now Cooper. Assuming that's the starting lineup.... should be interesting to see if Baylor becomes some super deep team. Teams with depth have an advantage in the 4th quarter. I don't think depth is as important in the tournament as it is in the regular season when you're trying to gruel out a tough conference schedule. But I think it is key if you wanna go 15-1 or 14-2 in a tough conference. But then the Big-12 probably isn't a tough conference, so I guess that point doesn't apply here.

Aquira decosta is going to be a breakout next season along with queen egbo. Plus, moon had a great jump from her freshman year to sophomore year. I hope honesty and Caitlin bickle gets more playing time. We’re also adding Erin DeGrate from Texas tech and I think she’ll have an impact like Kristina Nelson did for Notre Dame Baylor will be a deep team next year.

SimpleDawg

Reaction Score
Aquira decosta is going to be a breakout next season along with queen egbo. Plus, moon had a great jump from her freshman year to sophomore year. I hope honesty and Caitlin bickle gets more playing time. We’re also adding Erin DeGrate from Texas tech and I think she’ll have an impact like Kristina Nelson did for Notre Dame Baylor will be a deep team next year.

Ok, I don't know Baylor stuff more than Baylor fans. But I'm excited to watch this team next year! I think Cox will win Player of the Year, but Rickea might have something to say about that!

Reaction Score
Ok, I don't know Baylor stuff more than Baylor fans. But I'm excited to watch this team next year! I think Cox will win Player of the Year, but Rickea might have something to say about that!

When was the last time a freshmen won player of the year? Candace Parker? If Lauren cox doesn’t win player of the year she should win defensive player of the year!

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
When was the last time a freshmen won player of the year? Candace Parker? If Lauren cox doesn’t win player of the year she should win defensive player of the year!
Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but AFAIK:

No freshman has ever won NPOY. (It's a little hard to keep track because multiple organizations give POY awards: AP, WBCA, USBWA ...)

Maya Moore (2009) and Breanna Stewart (2014) are the only true sophomores to have won POY awards.

Candace Parker was a redshirt sophomore when she won 2 of the 3 POY awards in 2007.

I'll refrain from commenting on the chest-thumpers who already think Rickea Jackson is the greatest basketball player on the planet.

SimpleDawg

Reaction Score
I'll refrain from commenting on the chest-thumpers who already think Rickea Jackson is the greatest basketball player on the planet.

It was a harmless comment. Relax, Plebe. I'm not into predicting the POTY race in July.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I wanna see a Little Carolina-Baylor matchup in the tournament.

Reaction Score

National Player of the year, bearing injury is between Cox and Sabrina.... Rickea Jackson is not winning it. She is a good player and should haul in a lot of freshmen awards but that is it. No freshmen is winning that award. Lets be realistic here....

SimpleDawg

Reaction Score
National Player of the year, bearing injury is between Cox and Sabrina.... Rickea Jackson is not winning it. She is a good player and should haul in a lot of freshmen awards but that is it. No freshmen is winning that award. Lets be realistic here....

Alright dude, I was just overhyping! Not a big deal, man. However, leaving Rickea out of this conversation, I don't think you can just reduce the award down to two players. Even if they are the frontrunners..... you can never really know if it'll be another winner outside of those 2. And... why should Chennedy Carter not be under high consideration?

Reaction Score
Alright dude, I was just overhyping! Not a big deal, man. However, leaving Rickea out of this conversation, I don't think you can just reduce the award down to two players. Even if they are the frontrunners..... you can never really know if it'll be another winner outside of those 2. And... why should Chennedy Carter not be under high consideration?

I wasn't trying to be mean or combative lol

Rickea is the real deal and honestly she looks to be the best player for Miss St right now. She should be on her way to having a big year.

Wasn't reducing the list to two players but I do think Sabrina or Cox would be difficult to beat if they are healthy/play to their potential with all the areas they impact the game, not just scoring. There are certainly plenty of candidates for an award like that but that is why we play the games. Carter is certainly under high consideration as well.

Reaction Score
I wanna see a Little Carolina-Baylor matchup in the tournament.

They will play in the Virgin Islands. Storyline for that one will be good.... should feel a home for SC with Boston being from there and Herbert Harrigan’s mother being from there.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
She goes to South Carolina after they win a championship. Now to Baylor after they win one.
images

Reaction Score

I think a few of the UConn kids will be up for NPOY, definitely not a two person race just yet.

And Cooper to Baylor is boring for me, she’s not the player I thought she would be after watching the McDonald’s game back in 2015, and even though she looks like she could be a all conference player at times, she’s consistently inconsistent. Playing in a down big 12 receiving individual awards shouldn’t be a problem for Cooper, but I don’t see her getting that much better being there in one year if she was looking to improve her draft stock.

Reaction Score
Cooper showed some promise at UT and SC but to me hasn't exactly lived up to the hype. She's fast but a streaky shooter and hasn't shown much in the way of leadership. She could help Baylor have an extra weapon on a loaded team. I'm curious how much the decision by Moore to go to Oregon impacted Kim's decision to accept her. I guess time will tell.

Reaction Score
I think a few of the UConn kids will be up for NPOY, definitely not a two person race just yet.

And Cooper to Baylor is boring for me, she’s not the player I thought she would be after watching the McDonald’s game back in 2015, and even though she looks like she could be a all conference player at times, she’s consistently inconsistent. Playing in a down big 12 receiving individual awards shouldn’t be a problem for Cooper, but I don’t see her getting that much better being there in one year if she was looking to improve her draft stock.
I mean but Kim Mulkey is a great coach for people who wants to be a better PG! Chloe Jackson would not have been drafted if she didn’t go to Baylor! I’m confident mulkey can do the same for cooper!

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score

Decosta and Egbo both looked good during clean up time. I think both make strides this season.

Cooper coming to Baylor causes more harm than good IMO. Te'a seems to cause friction wherever she goes and Baylor has a LOADED team that should compete for a title. Adding in a potentially difficult teammate (at PG no less) isnt a great move IMO. Time will tell.

Reaction Score
Decosta and Egbo both looked good during clean up time. I think both make strides this season.

Cooper coming to Baylor causes more harm than good IMO. Te'a seems to cause friction wherever she goes and Baylor has a LOADED team that should compete for a title. Adding in a potentially difficult teammate (at PG no less) isnt a great move IMO. Time will tell.
I’m sure Kim Mulkey made sure there would be no problems. Also, coopers gets along with everyone! She was already good friends with a few of the girls before she transferred! Also, Lauren won’t let anything happen! I’ve seen her get in teammate’s faces. Lol this is Lauren cox’s Team this year now that Kalani left

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom