TCU's path to the BIG 12 | The Boneyard

TCU's path to the BIG 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm as negative as the next guy on the music stopping and us standing there with USF and Cinnci on the outside looking in, but maybe the answer is similar to the path TCU took. They were in the big time (Big 8 ) then they were out and worked their way back in. Similar to what our AD said. Have to focus on ourselves. That said I do find myself checking the board less and less and the commentary on the "Spring Scrimmage" was just depressing.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I'm not really sure there is a model to follow.

Boise is a community college with no admission standards, that doesn't work for UConn.

TCU is located in the heart of high school football country, that isn't UConn either.

The only thing that can keep UConn competitive (Top 40 in FBS) is if we find a great coach who is truly committed to UConn - like Peterson and Paterson at Boise and TCU.

Basically, we need to clone Kevin Ollie and have him be a football coach.

pj

Reaction Score
We need:
- Good coaching
- Relaxed admission standards for football players
- Building up the fan base and media attention, not only in Connecticut but in neighboring states
- Improving the fan experience
- Cultivating a donor base and investing in athletic improvements -- eg for football, athlete dormitories, stadium electronics / video boards, other amenities; for other sports, hockey arena on campus, lacrosse, cheer; improved facilities all around.
- Expanding and improving the university's research and academics
- Improving transportation infrastructure to campus and elsewhere in the state

Ultimately we should position UConn as the premier academic, research, and athletic public university in the Northeast, and draw students and fans from throughout New England and New York, maybe with in-state or reduced price tuition/scholarships to academic performers from the 7-state region.

Above all, we need energy, enthusiasm, and sustained effort and investment from a broad range of statewide constituencies.

Reaction Score
Wait,
Maryland fired their coach after one of the winningest seasons, had financial trouble, had over twenty players leave and won like 3 games in two years and got a big ten invite! There is hope if we just do nothing

Reaction Score
TCU and Louisville are examples to study. Takes 5 minutes.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'm as negative as the next guy on the music stopping and us standing there with USF and Cinnci on the outside looking in, but maybe the answer is similar to the path TCU took. They were in the big time (Big 8 ) then they were out and worked their way back in. Similar to what our AD said. Have to focus on ourselves. That said I do find myself checking the board less and less and the commentary on the "Spring Scrimmage" was just depressing.
TCU was never in the Big-8.

That aside, this is not a sprint. There will be opportunities ahead if we can demonstrate that we warrant an opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom