TBT Rudy Gay | The Boneyard

TBT Rudy Gay

Reaction Score
There's this one sequence I'll never forget where he practically tomahawked it from the foul line ... he was too much fun to watch. It's also amazing how natural it was for him, yet it was still somewhat difficult to conjure up and create like that on every possession... not abnormal for college players in that regard though. It takes time to develop the full skill set.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
"But he yawned."

I remember before that Washington game they caught him doing that before the game and my friend hit me up on aim saying "that pretty sums up gay right there" or something like that.

Guy had all the talent to go 1-1 in the draft.

Reaction Score
There's this one sequence I'll never forget where he practically tomahawked it from the foul line ... he was too much fun to watch. It's also amazing how natural it was for him, yet it was still somewhat difficult to conjure up and create like that on every possession... not abnormal for college players in that regard though. It takes time to develop the full skill set.
Im pretty sure this was from the game vs UMass in 2005 if we are thinking about the same thing. Rudy had a lot of highlight dunks so its hard to remember all of them.

Reaction Score
Is anyone worried that Ball is similar to Marcus Williams?

I agree that Ball is a better shooter. But I swear I thought Marcus would tear the league apart with his vision and passing ability.

Maybe it's just bad luck. I honestly think If Marcus played now he'd have a much better chance in the pace and space NBA.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I remember before that Washington game they caught him doing that before the game and my friend hit me up on aim saying "that pretty sums up gay right there" or something like that.

Guy had all the talent to go 1-1 in the draft.
It could've been a nerves thing or anxious. I don't think it had to do with not caring or being bored

Reaction Score

I agree that Ball is a better shooter. But I swear I thought Marcus would tear the league apart with his vision and passing ability.

Maybe it's just bad luck. I honestly think If Marcus played now he'd have a much better chance in the pace and space NBA.
I'm with you completely there, I absolutely thought he was a guaranteed stud. And, when he played in NJ, Kidd had really good things to say about him. That one still confounds me (Shabazz's difficulties didn't surprise me at all), but I thought those college triple doubles would make Marcus into a 10/8/6 guy. Just didn't happen.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I think Marcus is off racking up MVPs in Lithuania or something. That dude was a monster and is oft forgotten when we our discuss all time greats which is a damn shame. Just 1/2 a step slow to be reliable in the NBA.

Reaction Score
It still pains me to think about that roster and wonder how that team didn't when a title. Solid to great at every position and experienced as hell. Had Charlie stayed another year this team might have had my vote as most talented roster even without him good god this squad was legit. George Mason can suck my white ass.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
It still pains me to think about that roster and wonder how that team didn't when a title. Solid to great at every position and experienced as hell. Had Charlie stayed another year this team might have had my vote as most talented roster even without him good god this squad was legit. George Mason can suck my white ass.

That loss was embarrassing. 7 NBA draft picks losing to a bunch of grocery baggers.

I enjoyed rudys time here, but that trend of not winning has followed him in the NBA.

He had clearly never reached his true potential.

Reaction Score
That loss was embarrassing. 7 NBA draft picks losing to a bunch of grocery baggers.

I enjoyed rudys time here, but that trend of not winning has followed him in the NBA.

He had clearly never reached his true potential.

LOL, did you actually think Rudy would win a title with the Kings or the Grizz??

Reaction Score

I agree the game fits Marcus more now but he has his own self to blame for not putting in the work. Ball is on a whole different level than Marcus though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom