Taysom Hill BYU - Heisman Candidate | The Boneyard

Taysom Hill BYU - Heisman Candidate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We are going to see a very skilled dual threat quarterback on 8/29. He is big 6'2" 232 & fast 4.5 in 40

http://byucougars.com/athlete/m-football/taysom-hill

How do we contain this dual threat Taysom Hill?

We are not going to out offense BYU. This has to be a run controlled game. Time of possession is going to be
critical. Not sure UCONN is going to win in a track meet.

Hoping for some critical turnovers from our defense.

Reaction Score
Kid is good. There's no denying that. But you're lacking confidence, "confident carl". Whats with all the "we are not", "heres to hoping" "Not sure UCONN"............

Your right though UCONN's D has never made a QB with lets say RGIII type ability look bad at the RENT.........

Love the effort in informing our base of who were playing. But here's the competition suites as a title..........Huskies will prevail....

Reaction Score
Remember when a future dual-threat Heisman candidate came to the Rent for a warm weather night game a few years ago? RGIII does. Let's hope for Deja Vu.
Thanks for the memories! Great response!

Another good thing is BYU played both Virginia and Notre Dame last year so our coaching staff has prepped and played against Taysom Hill!

Reaction Score
Kid is good. There's no denying that. But you're lacking confidence, "confident carl". Whats with all the "we are not", "heres to hoping" "Not sure UCONN"..

Your right though UCONN's D has never made a QB with lets say RGIII type ability look bad at the RENT....

Love the effort in informing our base of who were playing. But here's the competition suites as a title.....Huskies will prevail....

Not lacking confidence or wisdom. Respect for an opponent with a skilled QB is a prerequisite to a win. If we overlook this guy (which Diaco, Anthony Poindexter and Vincent (the undertaker) Brown won't!) we could be in for a nightmarish evening! That's why our run game is going to be sooooo important. Can't turn the ball over. The more I think of it, CC looks more like the starter for this game anyway. I remember all those quick short passes against Memphis last year.

Reaction Score
Being a blue blooded BYU fan, I love Hill and I know he's a stud athlete but that video clip is a highlights clip so it only shows the great plays. There were way too many plays I saw last year that will never be shown on one of those types of video clips. I hope we have fewer of those and more highlights this year.
I'm certain your coaches are well aware of Hills strengths but I'm equally certain they know where he struggled and will be working to exploit his weaknesses and avoid his strengths. I can only hope Hill also worked on his weaknesses so that UConn or any other team has a much more difficult time exploiting them.

Reaction Score
From my amateur perspective the best thing to do is blitz him and keep him off balanced and uncomfortable. The ends/OLBs have to stay disciplined and not let him break outside or he can do some damage.

Reaction Score
I'll be interested to see the defensivbe game planning. We have historically struggled against dual threat QBs, even true freshmen playing their third game. I'm confident, but this will be a huge test for the front 7. Is it game night yet?

Reaction Score
He takes a little while to get going, have to keep him contained and not get a head of steam.

Also, don't leave wide receivers wide open.

Reaction Score
Remember when a future dual-threat Heisman candidate came to the Rent for a warm weather night game a few years ago? RGIII does. Let's hope for Deja Vu.
In all fairness, RGIII was not quite yet a Heisman hopeful and that was a brutal (in a good way) UConn D.

Reaction Score
We are going to see a very skilled dual threat quarterback on 8/29. He is big 6'2" 232 & fast 4.5 in 40

http://byucougars.com/athlete/m-football/taysom-hill

How do we contain this dual threat Taysom Hill?

We are not going to out offense BYU. This has to be a run controlled game. Time of possession is going to be
critical. Not sure UCONN is going to win in a track meet.

Hoping for some critical turnovers from our defense.

Like I posted previously, Hill is an elite QB who will be playing behind an elite O line. UCONN probably won't be able to do much to stop him. If UCONN's offense can keep up with BYU's offense, you will be able to stay in the game. There's a reason Vegas has the spread at 16.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Hey, maybe the Rentschler Field turf crew will have the clumpy mud turf installed for this game to slow their offense down!

Reaction Score
Like I posted previously, Hill is an elite QB who will be playing behind an elite O line. UCONN probably won't be able to do much to stop him. If UCONN's offense can keep up with BYU's offense, you will be able to stay in the game. There's a reason Vegas has the spread at 16.
Some concerns for Taysom:

OUR DYNAMIC D and the LOUD crowd noise at the Rent. also...

1. Getting intercepted over the middle by 6'3" 210 Safety Obi Melifonwu
2. Getting hit by same and SS Andrew Adams
3. 2 lock down corners Byron Jones, Jhavon Williams
4. Quick hard hitting linebacking corp, Stewart, Ashiru, Vann and Frank
5. Getting sacked by quick experienced D Line Pruitt, McBryde and Campenni

Taysom's elite but our guys will be ready.

Reaction Score

I'm hoping they let us continue playing in D1! I mean with having to play such elite players we probably should just not show up at all! This will be our first true test in foozbauw so I think we should call it off!

Just bring your elite players, make sure they buckle up we don't want any excuses later with all that talent; and as I've said before that's why they play the games!

BTW, that line was set when it was released that they would be allowed to wear their magic underwear!
I kid, no really, that happened!

Reaction Score

This dude is starting to remind me of the guy who roams the parking lot in foxborough who wears an opponents jersey and breaks into everyone's tailgate obnoxiously cheering for the other team to try and incite his fellow pats fans....then come game time he throws on his home pats jersey and walks in..................he's like that guy with how obnoxious he is.....not the whole cheering for the other team stuff

Reaction Score
From my amateur perspective the best thing to do is blitz him and keep him off balanced and uncomfortable. The ends/OLBs have to stay disciplined and not let him break outside or he can do some damage.
Actually you need to do the opposite. Trust your DB's and LB's to cover well, keep contain and get him on the ground when he breaks to run. If you blitz and miss, he breaks and then you get the single coverage broken play big passes or the long (10+ yard) run. You still need to run a blitz package at times to keep him honest but with an experienced O-line and a big play dual threat, need to be very careful. Biggest concern is the straight up QB draw and outside options that were shown in some of those highlights. Nothing like a third RB in the game every down.

Something in Uconn's favor, BYU has lost its road opener 3 out of the last 4 seasons.

Reaction Score

Listen I happen to think BYU is going to win the game, but if they don't are you gonna be one of those guys who runs and hides or will you come here and receive your just desserts like a man?

Reaction Score
I'm hoping they let us continue playing in D1! I mean with having to play such elite players we probably should just not show up at all! This will be our first true test in foozbauw so I think we should call it off!

Just bring your elite players, make sure they buckle up we don't want any excuses later with all that talent; and as I've said before that's why they play the games!

BTW, that line was set when it was released that they would be allowed to wear their magic underwear!
I kid, no really, that happened!

Oh but what if it rains. Oh goodness.

Reaction Score
BYU Dad reminds a lot of certain fruit trolls when I used to frequent the ESPN blogs. All talk and no fact.

Reaction Score
Listen I happen to think BYU is going to win the game, but if they don't are you gonna be one of those guys who runs and hides or will you come here and receive your just desserts like a man?
I bet he runs and hides

...or if he does come back, he'll be full of lame excuses - I hate it when trolls do that.

Hey BYU dad - lets act like we've been here before huh?

Reaction Score
I bet he runs and hides

...or if he does come back, he'll be full of lame excuses - I hate it when trolls do that.

Hey BYU dad - lets act like we've been here before huh?

There's a BYU dad in every fan base. Best bet is to not feed the trolls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom