Taylor Robertson breaks women's NCAA 3pt record | The Boneyard

Taylor Robertson breaks women's NCAA 3pt record

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I wonder if the NCAA will start putting asterisks against 5th year player records? I know that every team ends up with a varied number of games played each year, but adding an extra 30+ games to large number of players makes a mockery of the career stats. Games played, minutes played, points scored, etc.

It makes the controversy over Geno getting Sales one more basket in a game to break a Uconn record (not an NCAA record) look pretty tame.

Great work by Robertson, not in anyway dissing her for a great career mark and her 44% career percentage on a high volume of threes is very impressive, just think it is a issue for everyone.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I wonder if the NCAA will start putting asterisks against 5th year player records? I know that every team ends up with a varied number of games played each year, but adding an extra 30+ games to large number of players makes a mockery of the career stats. Games played, minutes played, points scored, etc.

It makes the controversy over Geno getting Sales one more basket in a game to break a Uconn record (not an NCAA record) look pretty tame.

Great work by Robertson, not in anyway dissing her for a great career mark and her 44% career percentage on a high volume of threes is very impressive, just think it is a issue for everyone.
I think it’s a mixed bag. I don’t have any qualms with Robertson considering she achieved it in fewer games than Mitchell, but understand why some fans might. On the men’s side you have Jordan Bohannon who was 24 or 25 playing basketball and is top 6 all time playing 179 games across 6 seasons which I think is asterisk worthy.

On the flip side, you look at someone like Caitlin Clark and had she been able to avoid canceled games due to covid, she’d on pace to handily beat Plum’s all time scoring record in 4 years (and she still might catch her despite missing many games).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69
Top Bottom