Taya Reimer Watch | The Boneyard

Taya Reimer Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Hope JS thinks this qualifies as news. We do live in a Twittery world and: A thread has been started on McGraw's Bench quoting and referencing a Natalie Achonwa tweet as indicating that "its seems" Taya is back. The Tweet: "clean up. refocus. no hard feelings." https://twitter.com/NatAchon/status/553984803985711104

Now, to me, that is a difficult read. Could be a message to last night's date.

PS. Remember JS's admonition. This is not a social issue debate thread (however long it stays up here!).

HGN

Reaction Score
The best 'Taya Watch' we can have is to watch and see if her name shows up in ND next game Box Score. If we see her name in the Box Score she is back.

Patience my fellow BYers.....Patience.:)

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
She is on the bench in street clothes at today's game. Smiling and talking to teammates. Cautiously optimistic that this is good news.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
So, post-game I suspect we hear she is back. If she is still pondering the bench thing is weird. Will Muffet address this in post game presser? She really should.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I hope she stays there. I can see a kid leaving UCONN or ND for playing time, but that seems to be about the only reason a kid would want to leave one of the top 2 programs in the nation (notwithstanding Samarie Walker's decision)...

Reaction Score
Hope JS thinks this qualifies as news. We do live in a Twittery world and: A thread has been started on McGraw's Bench quoting and referencing a Natalie Achonwa tweet as indicating that "its seems" Taya is back. The Tweet: "clean up. refocus. no hard feelings." https://twitter.com/NatAchon/status/553984803985711104

Now, to me, that is a difficult read. Could be a message to last night's date.

PS. Remember JS's admonition. This is not a social issue debate thread (however long it stays up here!).
For those of us of a certain age, it's kind of like Generalissimo Franco -

HGN

Reaction Score
Her being on the bench is a strong indication that she is back and is not going anyplace.....That is good news for ND and WCBB.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Her recent history and on the bench in street clothes reported in ESPN half time report. Lobo's take: whatever her decision, it will have a huge impact on the ND program.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Per Angelo DiCarlo of WNDU, McGraw says Reimer told her she will stay at ND. Expected to practice tomorrow.

Reaction Score
I hope she stays there. I can see a kid leaving UCONN or ND for playing time, but that seems to be about the only reason a kid would want to leave one of the top 2 programs in the nation (notwithstanding Samarie Walker's decision)...

or Elena Della Donne

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Muffet post game on Reimer:

On Taya Reimer... "She's back. We'll expect her to be at practice tomorrow. She just took a few days off. I offered it to her to take some time off to think about some things and she took me up on it. We felt that she was always still part of us, just away for a couple days. She was not happy with the way things were going on the court and we talked about some things we could fix or work on and she was concerned because she wants to play well. She's a really good player and she has a lot of talent. We had a really good conversation about how we're going to get there."

http://www.und.com/sports/w-baskbl/recaps/011115aae.html

Reading between the lines, sounds like she said she wanted to quit and Muffet said take a few days.

Reaction Score
I hope she stays...especially so if she is distressed by idiot fans flaming her for the t-shirt...Notre Dame needs to step up...

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Great! She's staying. Good luck Taya.

Can we move on from this?!

I don't know Kevin, can you? I think the story ended with Muffet's report post game. Certainly hope so.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
If anyone had read one of the last links to an article that one of the BYarders posted prior to the thread being stopped yesterday, Muppet was quoted as saying She and Taya had a few private meetings the past week about Taya's performance and goals & expectations. It appears that the shirt thing had little or nothing to do with her sitting out. Which is a good thing. Thank God for the 5 pages of pure speculation yesterday.

Reaction Score
She looked OK during the last game she played. A lot of pressure for a young lady (Big Time college sports) even without taking flack for your beliefs.

Hang in there, Taya!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger