Taurasi with 32 pts in Turkish Finals last game | The Boneyard

Taurasi with 32 pts in Turkish Finals last game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Majority of the points scored by both teams were from Americans and three are on USA's Olympic Team. There's a good chance Cappie will be the 12th player and that would make all 4 players on the Olympic Team. The other teams in the Olympics are in trouble.

Reaction Score
Cappie making the Olympic team would not sit well among many here on this forum. She can flat out play, and was an outstanding complement to Diana Taurasi during her years in Phoenix.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Cappie making the Olympic team would not sit well among many here on this forum. She can flat out play, and was an outstanding complement to Diana Taurasi during her years in Phoenix.
Cappie's ability as a player is absolutely of Olympic caliber. Her international sensitivity is absolutely not.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Cappie's ability as a player is absolutely of Olympic caliber. Her international sensitivity is absolutely not.

"International Sensitivity"

Very elegantly stated!

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
If she doesn't make the Olympic Team, I suspect blowing USA off a few years ago carries more weight than her remark. And, to me, was a very selfish action - the opportunity to play for team USA isn't a right.

While it is NOT the form of Christianity I believe in, her remark was perfectly in line with the beliefs of many - by no means a majority - Christians (including plenty in America). It is the same vein of belief that led to viewing 9/11 as God's "punishment" for the various sins assorted preachers felt America was guilty of. Or, for that matter, the "punishment" of Haiti by earthquake and our midwest cities by tornados.

For all the play it got in some circles, I doubt the remark made international waves. It may have offended folks on the selection committee (and myself), however, I don't really think religous views are an appropriate criteria for selection.

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
The top four guards in the world are Bird, Taurasi, Augustus, and Pondexter, and after than it's not really that close. But the US does not need all of the top 4 guards in the world to win gold.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I'd love to see Cappie make the team. but i know zero about the inner workings of US basketball and how anything she's done outside of hoops would affect her selection. but as far as talent goes, she's cream of the crop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom