OT - Taurasi wine from my hospital bed! | The Boneyard

OT - Taurasi wine from my hospital bed!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I am sitting in a hospital bed following surgery this morning (a real scare with a lump on my lower back that has turned out to be non-malignant - not a fun couple of months!) when I checked my WTSO web site and saw that the selected wine at the moment is a very highly rate Taurasi wine at a very good price! So there will now be a special package awaiting me when I return home. How could I possibly resist that offer as a staunch fan of DT!

For any serious wine drinkers I recommend checking out 'Wines til Sold Out' - lots of interesting wines on offer at great prices and with free shipping and mostly tax free. But I also warn you that it can become seriously addictive!:rolleyes::eek::)

Last edited:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I'm glad for your sigh of relief.

I'm a beer drinker myself; drink a lot of my own brews.

Reaction Score
I am sitting in a hospital bed following surgery this morning (a real scare with a lump on my lower back that has turned out to be non-malignant - not a fun couple of months!) when I checked my WTSO web site and saw that the selected wine at the moment is a very highly rate Taurasi wine at a very good price! So there will now be a special package awaiting me when I return home. How could I possibly resist that offer as a staunch fan of DT!

For any serious wine drinkers I recommend checking out 'Wines til Sold Out' - lots of interesting wines on offer at great prices and with free shipping and mostly tax free. But I also warn you that it can become seriously addictive!:rolleyes::eek::)
Check out my avatar. Taurasi wine is very available, but good Taurasi wine has been a trial & error experience for me. If you find this one to be really good, let us know what it is.

Get well soon!

Reaction Score
Yes, great news, even though the scares are terrible enough.

I was just looking at a Taurasi the other day at a decent price (a 2010 from Terredora DiPaolo), remembering that Geno pulled one out (just happened to have one, he claimed!) when D's parents came on a recruiting trip. I tend more toward lighter Italian reds--Nebiollo from the northern parts of the Piemonte--Ghemme, Carema, Gattinara, and esp. Valtellina. But a good Taurasi, as j66 remarks is always a find. I will get one and drink it, toasting to your good health!

Reaction Score

For a brief moment there I thought you were hospitalized in Puerto Rico. I had a procedure done in St George's hospital--near San Juan--and they were "catered" by a local top restaurant---as all local's my family changed my IV bottles and other normal recovery easy processes. Catheter were changed by techs. A very nice experience.
I am more than pleased your problem was minimal and hope your recovery equals that in ease.

Reaction Score
Get well, and I think that wine is going to taste especially good to you...! :D

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Your medical report brings me joy. The wine report ... if only I could. Weight loss push means no booze for a while. Still, there's Xanax ... just kidding. Get well, get frosty Bud.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Sorry to hear you're in the hospital, but glad to hear you're on the road to recovery. Get well soon, we'll leave the light on for you. Your stay in the hospital would be a lot worse if you didn't have access to the internet, and the Boneyard. You'd be bored to death. You can only watch so much TV. To celebrate your successful surgery, and your speedy convalescence, I having a cold one on your behalf right now. Cheers. ;)

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
upload_2017-8-16_5-21-14.jpeg

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Glad you are on the mend. And you have some nice wine to celebrate with .

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom