Taurasi knows her London lingo | The Boneyard

Taurasi knows her London lingo

Status
Not open for further replies.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
She's hilarious. I'll bet she is even funnier off camera.

And no wonder she missed Queue, they didn't spell it right.

Reaction Score
I believe her when she says she's never been to London...

I used to work for a London-based company, and we had their engineers over for some meetings with TVA. We're at breakfast the first morning in Chattanooga and one of the TVA engineers ordered biscuits and gravy...the British engineers maintained straight faces, but afterward they told me they were shocked that anyone would put gravy on biscuits...cookies to them. They didn't want to say anything, however, assuming it was just another peculiar (read barbaric) Tennessee custom.

Should any TVols fans be listening...don't be offended...they viewed most American customs as ranging from unsophistocated to barbaric! ;)

Reaction Score
We'll introduce the UCONN team to some good French Quarter beignets after they win the NCAA Finals in New Orleans next year. I guarandamntee you'll they'll all be able to spell in future!

Reaction Score
......they were shocked that anyone would put gravy on biscuits...cookies to them. They didn't want to say anything, however, assuming it was just another peculiar (read barbaric) Tennessee custom. ;)

Heck, there's hardly ANYTHING that can't be improved with a generous slatthering of barbecue sauce. ..... and I'm not even from TN (but, you could tell<G>)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I believe her when she says she's never been to London...

I used to work for a London-based company, and we had their engineers over for some meetings with TVA. We're at breakfast the first morning in Chattanooga and one of the TVA engineers ordered biscuits and gravy...the British engineers maintained straight faces, but afterward they told me they were shocked that anyone would put gravy on biscuits...cookies to them. They didn't want to say anything, however, assuming it was just another peculiar (read barbaric) Tennessee custom.

Should any TVols fans be listening...don't be offended...they viewed most American customs as ranging from unsophistocated to barbaric! ;)

Had an old VP at our company that was some head honcho guy with TVA. His ex-wife had worked there too.

Reaction Score
Had an old VP at our company that was some head honcho guy with TVA. His ex-wife had worked there too.

Really nice people...and routinely rabid Lady Vol fans...!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom