Taurasi eyeing another record | The Boneyard

Taurasi eyeing another record

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
ROSEMONT, Ill. -- Diana Taurasi is closing in on yet another WNBA record as her Phoenix Mercury take on the Chicago Sky on Thursday at Allstate Arena.

Taurasi, a 13-year league veteran, needs just one made 3-pointer to pass Katie Smith as the WNBA's all-time leader. She currently shares the top spot with Smith with 906.

"I always talk about Katie (Smith) being one of my biggest heroes growing up, watching basketball, her work ethic," Taurasi told reporters after last Saturday's 107-65 victory over Dallas.

"I got to share the court with her at the Olympics. To be tied with her right now is kind of cool. If we could just say end it there and we both be on top we would both be pretty happy with that."

The Mercury (3-2) have won three of their last four entering the season's first meeting with Chicago. The Sky (1-5) are stuck at the bottom of the WNBA Eastern Conference and struggling through a three -game losing streak.

Taurasi, who has 7,362 career points, also needs just 19 to pass Tamika Catching for second all-time in league scoring and is just 127 from taking the top spot held by Tina Thompson.

[Article]

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
whats the WNBA record for technical fouls? :cool:

bush.gif

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Are you going to let this go at any point? I think we get it. You don't approve. You think she's a punk. As the youngsters say these days: k.

I never said she was a punk..... just said her actions were a punk move... and she acted like a punk in that sequence. But I'll have no more to say on that game after this post.

Reaction Score
That video is so Bush League for a sitting president to actively throw his support behind the Oregon Ducks Mr. Triaddukefan.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I never said she was a punk..... just said her actions were a punk move... and she acted like a punk in that sequence. But I'll have no more to say on that game after this post.

Yes indeed. I stand corrected. You used the word "punk" in posts about Taurasi 3 times on this board (once on another) and each time you were referring to her actions. I mischaracterized your posts.

Diana surely hasn't received her last technical. Thus, you will have other opportunities to weigh in on her on-court behavior. Maybe you can wait for those opportunities instead of jumping in to threads about some positive parts of her game. Just an idea.

Reaction Score
DT is 3-5 from 3 after Q1 of today's Mercury-Sky game, and is now the all-time WNBA 3-point record holder.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
She finished with 37 pts, 4 ast, 0 turnovers. A game James Harden would admire. Only one FGA from inside the arc (9-15 overall, 8-14 from 3) and 11-11 from the line.

The Sky are BAD but they're hardly the first team to get chewed up and spit out by Taurasi and Griner (28 pts, 13 reb)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
She finished with 37 pts, 4 ast, 0 turnovers. A game James Harden would admire. Only one FGA from inside the arc (9-15 overall, 8-14 from 3) and 11-11 from the line.

The Sky are BAD but they're hardly the first team to get chewed up and spit out by Taurasi and Griner (28 pts, 13 reb)

In the loss, Stephanie Dolson went 6 for 7 from 3 with 6 assists. Her 3 pt shooting has really been good this year. :D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom