OT: Tatum or Brown or Mitchell | The Boneyard

OT: Tatum or Brown or Mitchell

Reaction Score
Long-term franchise player possibility. Who are you taking? Only 1 allowed.

Keep in mind that Donovan is turning 23 in September. Brown turns 22 around the same time. Tatum just turned 20.

My brain says Tatum. My gut says Brown.

Reaction Score
Tatum. Ridiculous potential. See alot more growth potential in him. Can be a franchise cornerstone.

Donovon gonna be a star but think Tatum has a higher ceiling.

Brown. Going to be a solid all star eesque player but not someone that becomes a franchise superstar type player.

Reaction Score
I got Lonzo Ball. Now thats a guy you build a team around.

upload_2018-5-3_23-14-27.jpeg

Reaction Score
They are all studs but Mitchell for me. Those other guys are bigtime but I see them being just below that superstar level. I see Mitchell getting to really close to Wade level or Westbrook with savvy.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
The only reason I say Tatum is because he plays for Brad Stevens. He'd have a bright future regardless, but I really think Stevens is accelerating his growth.

If Mitchell played for Brad Stevens, then Mitchell.

Reaction Score
Long-term franchise player possibility. Who are you taking? Only 1 allowed.

Keep in mind that Donovan is turning 23 in September. Brown turns 22 around the same time. Tatum just turned 20.

My brain says Tatum. My gut says Brown.
Mitchell is 21, he turns 22 in September.

Reaction Score
My gut says Mitchell. He is a fantastic finisher. Shows signs of being a premier off the dribble shooter and space maker. He plays balls to the wall. Seems to have a solid feel for the flow of the game, especially for a rookie. Helping to fill the gap in play making left by Rubio's absence. There were stretches when he seemed to play out of control, but overall he is pretty steady. There is no doubt he is going to do everything in his power off the court to get better, though is true of all three from what I can tell. It's an interesting question and kinda seems hard to go wrong with whatever answer.

Reaction Score
Tatum has KD level scoring potential. He’s just scratching the surface right now

That's going too far, but I can see how one would get carried away based on what Tatum has done this postseason. I'm shocked by how good he is already.

@RayIsTheGOAT is correct that Stevens is accelerating his growth, if not directly then by virtue of surrounding him with other really good players who complement his skillset. I have no idea what Tatum's numbers would like like if he were playing for the sort of team he'd normally go to at #3, but regardless both he and Brown are contributing to winning teams far sooner than I expected. When there are this many young players within your organization that are ahead of schedule, you have to look to the coach as a major factor. I think Doc is a perfectly fine coach, but I don't know if things go this smoothly had he stuck around.

Reaction Score
Mitchell. Kid is leading the (somewhat) lowly Jazz to the second round at least, and they are gonna take the Rockets to 6 at least.

Reaction Score
Might actually take Brown here. Already much better offensively than I thought he'd be, pretty freak athlete as a natural wing, and draws rave reviews for both his work ethic and character.

Reaction Score
Love Tatum game but I'll go Mitchell. Just think he'll have more opportunity to shine and be the man while Tatum will be on a more balanced squad where he may not get that same freedom.

Anyone saying KD potential for Tatum is nuts. KD is a once in a lifetime player. Tatum is not. KD has always been the best player on his respective team since coming into the league; Tatum hasn't/ isn't and won't be next year or even 2 years after this year

Reaction Score
I love Mitchell, but Tatum has a solid 5 inches on him. Plus, he’s only really been looking for his own offense the past couple months, and his numbers during that stretch have been off the charts for a 20-year-old.

I think those two will be a level ahead of Jaylen, but he has the potential to be one of the best two-way players in the league.

Reaction Score
I'll go Tatum, Mitchell, Brown. The KD comparisons are a bit over the top, but his ceiling is higher than Mitchell's because he can affect the game in more ways and is a superior outside shooter.

Best comparison for Tatum is a guy already on the Celtics roster -- Gordon Hawyard. Tatum can probably be a bit better in the long run as his athletic ceiling is higher.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom