Tarin Smith looks like a starter to me | The Boneyard

Tarin Smith looks like a starter to me

Reaction Score
I love what Tarin brings. Good handle, athleticism, attacks the rim, had some good dishes as well. I like the backcourt of Jalen, Alterique and Smith. Those three are dynamic when it comes to the fast break.

I think Vital will still be a key contributor to the team, and I loved his 8 rebounds, but to me Tarin has more athleticism and talent overall (better defense as well). I would put Tarin over Vital in the starting lineup. They will both get similar minutes but as the season progresses, a lineup of Jalen, Alterique, Smith, Carlton, and hopefully the return of Sid looks to be a really good starting 5 and ending 5.

Reaction Score
Or you know...we can leave the guy who won A-10 6th man of the Year last season in the role he has thrived in.

Different team, different personnel. Tarin Smith's strengths (driving, athleticism) may be more effective at UConn, because of better surrounding talent (Alterique and Jalen). More lanes will be available for him to drive and score or drive and create.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Different team, different personnel. Tarin Smith's strengths (driving, athleticism) may be more effective at UConn, because of better surrounding talent (Alterique and Jalen). More lanes will be available for him to drive and score or drive and create.
It’s one game

Reaction Score
It’s one game

Shooting can be streaky, but a player's athleticism, handle, and driving ability doesn't really change from game to game. And I don't think we need a whole season to conclude there is better talent at UConn then Duquesne.

Reaction Score
I don't really think it matters and it is definitely not new thread worthy. Both will play a lot. Both have different strengths and weaknesses. Whoever players better against better competition will finish.

Reaction Score
Shooting can be streaky, but a player's athleticism, handle, and driving ability doesn't really change from game to game. And I don't think we need a whole season to conclude there is better talent at UConn then Duquesne.
Better talent at UConn than Duquesne but he didn’t start at Duquesne and should at UConn?

If Hurley starts him, who am I to disagree, but I think he’s a better weapon off the bench so that we can keep attacking in waves.

Reaction Score
Starting is not important because we have a team approach with our guards. We have a lot of them and they have talent. We need them all to keep the pressure up at the highest level for fatigue reasons. It’s a luxury that Hurley has and we need. Tonight I was ready to pull CV and then he would do something great. Who starts? Who cares? Because Hurley will mix and matchup to get the best from them all. Tarin looks good but tonight the big news that passed the eye test was Josh Carlton.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom