Tarin Smith Appreciation Thread | The Boneyard

Tarin Smith Appreciation Thread

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
10 PPG on 48% shooting, 3.5 Reb, 2.5 AST, 1.5 Steals, 2:1 a/t rate, on 25 minutes a game.
Tarin Smith College Stats | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com

Tarin is doing all we are asking him to do and then some. Probably one of the best layupers? we've had. He does layups as well as Phil Nolan took charges, and that’s saying something. One of the better grad transfers we’ve had. Kid has been fantastic for us. Doesn’t get enough love!

Reaction Score
Wish he would give us more than 18% from 3 but we knew he wasn't a great shooter coming in. That said the 33% he shot last year would be pretty nice.

Reaction Score
10 PPG on 48% shooting, 3.5 Reb, 2.5 AST, 1.5 Steals, 2:1 a/t rate, on 25 minutes a game.
Tarin Smith College Stats | College Basketball at Sports-Reference.com

Tarin is doing all we are asking him to do and then some. Probably one of the best layupers? we've had. He does layups as well as Phil Nolan took charges, and that’s saying something. One of the better grad transfers we’ve had. Kid has been fantastic for us. Doesn’t get enough love!

I mentioned this in a PM the other day. He's not a tough layup maker like jalen, but he makes what he does get easy. All the regular, reverses, goofy feet in the book. Kid mustbe done mikans and layup lines every day growing up, lol

If the kid could shoot, he'd be our hest player.

Reaction Score
Would be even better if not for that cruddy UMass-Lowell game. Still, I would love to see him be able to hit the 3 just a little more efficiently, just somewhere in the 30-35% range. He’s done about all you can ask for as one of the first subs off the bench.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Wish he would give us more than 18% from 3 but we knew he wasn't a great shooter coming in. That said the 33% he shot last year would be pretty nice.
He's made 1 trey since the UMKC game.

That's comatose-level.

Reaction Score

That's comatose-level.
Antoine Anderson had a nightmare stretch from 3 last year as well IIRC. How does that one stack up to this (Tarin smith is obviously a better player than AA).

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score

That's comatose-level.
Jalen’s play is way more impactful than Tarin. He won’t be a volume shooter from 3 and I don’t think we want him to be. A few makes would jump his %. He needs to be steady and just do the things he does best.

Reaction Score
Tarin is great at being that 6th man. I know a while ago i saw a few people asking for him to be a starter, however I think he does his role well as first man off the bench. Just wish he could hit the 3 ball and be consistent from the free throw line.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I mentioned this in a PM the other day. He's not a tough layup maker like jalen, but he makes what he does get easy. All the regular, reverses, goofy feet in the book. Kid mustbe done mikans and layup lines every day growing up, lol

If the kid could shoot, he'd be our hest player.

I think he is really good at making tough layups.

Reaction Score
I think he is really good at making tough layups.

I think he makes tough angles and shots easy is what I'm saying. Tarin doesn't need to jelly, and go to a crazy angle to make a tough shot like Jalen, because he has a complete layup package with both hands.

His 2pt% is what, 55%? And that includes too many badly missed long 2s. I bet he's 70% at the rim.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
For my money, he’s the best all around athlete on the team. His speed and coordination put him ahead of Kwintin’s leaping ability. Much stronger than Jalen or Sid.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
That reverse he had in second half against Manhattan was a 9+ on difficulty and he made it look relatively easy.

Reaction Score
He has been good but at some point we need to get out of this endless loop of grad transfer stopgaps.
And at some point we will. They will become grad transfer hole pluggers who want to win a championship.

Reaction Score
Antoine Anderson had a nightmare stretch from 3 last year as well IIRC. How does that one stack up to this (Tarin smith is obviously a better player than AA).
He is a little better but not light years. If he had to start like Antonine did last year his stats shooting wise would drop from 2. I’m glad we have more guard depth so he doesn’t have to start and can give us a lift from the bench.

Reaction Score
He goes all out all the time, which is all you can ask for. He's the typical dawg. His 3PT shooting and FT shooting is absolutely atrocious, but at least he knows his role and doesn't force them. To me, he is comparable to Sterling Gibbs. Gibbs was way more talented, in my opinion, but they level out simply because of Tarin's effort level.

Reaction Score
For my money, he’s the best all around athlete on the team. His speed and coordination put him ahead of Kwintin’s leaping ability. Much stronger than Jalen or Sid.
Don't sleep on Dan Brocke like that

Reaction Score
Don't sleep on Dan Brocke like that

The crazy thing is that the kid was a 3x all-conference player in the CCC, and all-state his senior year.

Just goes to show you how incredibly talented the players on our team are.

Reaction Score
Did he miss a single shot? Amazing performance. That dunk was sick. Would have loved a lob to Sid but can't complain.

He had an entire game's worth of 3 point plays all to himself.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom