Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Tarik Black @LetmeRockk_ · 4h 4 hours ago
Just Received my 7th Offer from Uconn #BleedBlue #7 #HomeState

Stud receiver in the class of 2017. Attends Cheshire Academy. From Cheshire, CT. At this point has offers from UConn, Boston College, Maryland, Old Dominion, Rutgers, Syracuse, and Temple with more sure to come on the way.

Height and weight varies according to source from 6'2" - 6'4" and from 188 lbs to 200 lbs.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3170573/tarik-black
he's a local product. how is uconn his 7th offer already? BC, maryland, rutgers, syracuse beat us to the punch!?????

Reaction Score
he's a local product. how is uconn his 7th offer already? BC, maryland, rutgers, syracuse beat us to the punch!?????

Exactly why UConn never really has a chance with these top notch CT players. According to 247sports this kid is a 4 * WR in our own backyard and UConn was the 7th offer behind BC, Maryland, Rutgers, Syracuse, Temple, and Old Dominion with an in-state top notch kid... I just don't get it. Hope we have a chance, but I highly doubt it. The other schools has been in contact waay before UConn, that's a shame and nothing new.

Reaction Score

Relax Diaco and staff have only been here a year (if that) and this guy is 2017, takes a while to build that portfolio and they've probably been working on 2015/2016....other staffs had head starts due to tenure

Reaction Score
C.J. Holmes, RB 5'11 175 lbs, class of 2017 is another star from Chesire, CT, he goes to the same high school as Tarik Black. Now, he's in our own backyard and guess what school beat us to the punch and handed him an offer, you guessed it, Boston College... Smh This shouldn't be happening and now I know why top CT football players usually leave to BC because they recruit top CT players before any other school and that includes before UConn as well.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3170833/cj-holmes

Reaction Score
Exactly why UConn never really has a chance with these top notch CT players. According to 247sports this kid is a 4 * WR in our own backyard and UConn was the 7th offer behind BC, Maryland, Rutgers, Syracuse, Temple, and Old Dominion with an in-state top notch kid... I just don't get it. Hope we have a chance, but I highly doubt it. The other schools has been in contact waay before UConn, that's a shame and nothing new.

I don't know if it matters what order they get their offers in. Either they're interested or they're not. There's still a couple of years before these kids even graduate, much less make a decision.

Reaction Score
C.J. Holmes, RB 5'11 175 lbs, class of 2017 is another star from Chesire, CT, he goes to the same high school as Tarik Black. Now, he's in our own backyard and guess what school beat us to the punch and handed him an offer, you guessed it, Boston College... Smh This shouldn't be happening and now I know why top CT football players usually leave to BC because they recruit top CT players before any other school and that includes before UConn as well.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3170833/cj-holmes

Doesn't hurt that CA Coach Dave Dykeman and Addazio go way back.

Reaction Score
I don't know if it matters what order they get their offers in. Either they're interested or they're not. There's still a couple of years before these kids even graduate, much less make a decision.

I hear ya, it might not change the out-come in where the kid might end up. However, when your ( UConn ) located in a small state like Connecticut then you should be the first school to recognize and offer the best talent in your own state. Boston College shouldn't recognize and offer the best talent in Connecticut before UConn, it shows that BC is ahead and making a statement in your own backyard.

Koby Quansah / 4 * LB / West Hartford, CT / offered by other schools before UConn / BC lean

Isaiah Wright / 3 * WR / West Hartford, CT / offered by other schools before UConn / BC lean

Jacob Hallenbeck / 3 * QB / West Hartford, CT / offered by North Carolina no offer from UConn

Scooter Harrington / 3 * TE / Greenwich, CT / offered by Boston College and others before UConn /BC lean

Jay Rose / 3 * TE / Southington, CT / offered by Boston College before UConn/ just received an offer from West Virginia this week by the way

The list goes on and on... Uconn is late to offer top kids in their own State every year

Reaction Score
Scooter Harrington / 3 * TE / Greenwich, CT / offered by Boston College and others before UConn /BC lean

He's a legacy offer (not saying it's not deserved) but heck they offered as soon as it was legit to do so. I would hope somebody has Dan O's triplets birthdays on an Outlook calendar alert for when they become Freshman.

Not saying UConn can't jump in the game earlier in some cases but there is a backstory to many cases.

Reaction Score
I hear ya, it might not change the out-come in where the kid might end up. However, when your ( UConn ) located in a small state like Connecticut then you should be the first school to recognize and offer the best talent in your own state. Boston College shouldn't recognize and offer the best talent in Connecticut before UConn, it shows that BC is ahead and making a statement in your own backyard.

Koby Quansah / 4 * LB / West Hartford, CT / offered by other schools before UConn / BC lean

Isaiah Wright / 3 * WR / West Hartford, CT / offered by other schools before UConn / BC lean

Jacob Hallenbeck / 3 * QB / West Hartford, CT / offered by North Carolina no offer from UConn

Jay Rose / 3 * TE / Southington, CT / offered by Boston College before UConn/ just received an offer from West Virginia this week by the way

The list goes on and on... Uconn is late to offer top kids in their own State every year

Speaking of which, what about that tight end (Chris Clark?) who plays for Avon that decommited from Michigan as soon as Hoke got fired? Probably still a long shot, but I would hope that Diaco and staff are at least trying to make a late push for him. That is, if they're smart. I'm assuming they never even gave him an offer.

Reaction Score
Speaking of which, what about that tight end (Chris Clark?) who plays for Avon that decommited from Michigan as soon as Hoke got fired? Probably still a long shot, but I would hope that Diaco and staff are at least trying to make a late push for him. That is, if they're smart. I'm assuming they never even gave him an offer.

Clark holds a UConn offer.

Alex Gleitman ‏@alexgleitman
#UConn offers 2015 TE @Clark8Chrishttp:// /Player/Chris-Clark-16169…

Remember that Clark was a UNC commit first, decommitted, became a Michigan commit then decommitted...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Clark holds a UConn offer.

Alex Gleitman ‏@alexgleitman
#UConn offers 2015 TE @Clark8Chrishttp:// /Player/Chris-Clark-16169…

Remember that Clark was a UNC commit first, decommitted, became a Michigan commit then decommitted...

I don't know what turned him off from UNC, but Hoke was a dead man walking all season at Michigan. I don't know if I necessarily hold it against him for being a "flake". Even UConn has more stability to offer in terms of academic transparency (UNC) and coaching staff (Mich).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Just a quick note, Addazzio had already accepted Temple gig before UCONN job opened up. He was not an option.

I understand that he had accepted the HC job at Temple a week or two before the UConn job was open. At the same time the money we offered PP and Disco, I'm sure would of had Addazio back away from Temple. Addazio is from Cheshire and he loves recruiting CT and FL kids hard, he would be a great fit here at UConn.

Reaction Score
I don't know what turned him off from UNC, but Hoke was a dead man walking all season at Michigan. I don't know if I necessarily hold it against him for being a "flake". Even UConn has more stability to offer in terms of academic transparency (UNC) and coaching staff (Mich).

Gunner Kiel was a little iffy too and he's turning out just fine at Cincinnati. Just because a kid commits and de-commits does not mean we don't take a chance on them, especially If they're a high profile athlete. We complain we don't have talent ( since we recruit a lot of 2 stars ) and then when big profile athletes like Gunner Kiel transfer we are quick to focus on the negatives while teams like Louisville and Cincinnati take advantage of their talent.

Reaction Score
Gunner Kiel was a little iffy too and he's turning out just fine at Cincinnati. Just because a kid commits and de-commits does not mean we don't take a chance on them, especially If they're a high profile athlete. We complain we don't have talent ( since we recruit a lot of 2 stars ) and then when big profile athletes like Gunner Kiel transfer we are quick to focus on the negatives while teams like Louisville and Cincinnati take advantage of their talent.
Not that it matters but Kiel is at school #4. Committed and recommitted from Indiana and LSU before signing with ND. Then transferred to Cincy. It has worked out for them. Munchie appeared to be the QB moving forward until his devastating knee injury.

Reaction Score
I understand that he had accepted the HC job at Temple a week or two before the UConn job was open. At the same time the money we offered PP and Disco, I'm sure would of had Addazio back away from Temple. Addazio is from Cheshire and he loves recruiting CT and FL kids hard, he would be a great fit here at UConn.
Addazio is directly from the Pasqualoni coachhing tree...the next guy the CT HS Football Coaches Assoc will hold UCONN hostage to hire.....he's one of their own...If he wants to coach at UCONN so bad as so many have come on the BY have said, why doesn't he have his agent reach out to UCONN when the spot was open.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'm guessing that Disco is Diaco (not sure if it was a typo or a snarky comment).

I won't get into the argument as to whether we should have poached him from Temple but Addazzio was already at BC when we hired Diaco. I hope you aren't in the camp that believes we should have given SA first shot at the UConn job last year.

For the record, I recently ran into a local HS coach who told me that with the money that was given to our current staff, we should have first contacted Addazzio and asked if it would be enough for him to leave BC. His reasoning was that if the school was willing to spend that much money, a CT guy should get first crack at it.

Reaction Score
Tarik Black @LetmeRockk_ · 4h 4 hours ago
Just Received my 7th Offer from Uconn #BleedBlue #7 #HomeState

Stud receiver in the class of 2017. Attends Cheshire Academy. From Cheshire, CT. At this point has offers from UConn, Boston College, Maryland, Old Dominion, Rutgers, Syracuse, and Temple with more sure to come on the way.

Height and weight varies according to source from 6'2" - 6'4" and from 188 lbs to 200 lbs.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3170573/tarik-black

NHRJimFuller10:30am via TweetDeck
Cheshire Academy WR Tarik Black, a Hamden resident with #UConn offer, named to MaxPreps Sophomore A-A team runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2014/12/uconn-…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom