Tapatalk support | The Boneyard

Tapatalk support

Status
Not open for further replies.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I will no longer reply to any request for Tapatalk support, and plan to remove Tapatalk access to this site as soon as I can find an alternative mobile app.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I will no longer reply to any request for Tapatalk support, and plan to remove Tapatalk access to this site as soon as I can find an alternative mobile app.
I got broadcast message via tapatalk. Thanks for the heads up; if there's anything I can do to help you out being an IT guy, let me know.

Thanks,
Mike

Reaction Score
Why are you nixing Tapatalk, if you don't mind me asking?

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Why are you nixing Tapatalk, if you don't mind me asking?

It's simple - they are trying to extort $200 plus $80/month from me in order to continue Tapatalk. I won't pay.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Why are they trying to extort cash? Usually, you only pay if you have a branded site with ad support.

I'm part of a larger forum than this one is and they don't charge anything there.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Why are they trying to extort cash? Usually, you only pay if you have a branded site with ad support.

I'm part of a larger forum than this one is and they don't charge anything there.

They have made their plans very clear. Once their sales of Tapatalk declined, they'd get their money either by charging the sites, or by running their own ads on each site (which will begin soon).

I need to run ads to pay the bills, and they say no, unless I pay them, or let them run their own ads too. To me, that's extortion, and I won't pay, or let them run their own ads at my expense.

Bottom line: I'll be installing Forum Runner soon. I may continue Tapatalk, but only for registered users who are frequent posters - maybe - but probably not even then.

Last edited:

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Nah - if it's gonna be Forum Runner, just make everyone use it.

Making exceptions is just a highway to a headache.

(Irony - Tapatalk is actually working the way it's supposed to on iOS. It's not a very good app.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox