Tankless Water Heaters - Anyone have one of these? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Tankless Water Heaters - Anyone have one of these?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
My current water heater (40 Gal, tall) has been a work horse and still is chugging along, but after 30 years (yep 30) I figure it is time to replace it. I could just swap it out for a new 40 gallon, that would be easiest plumbing-wise, but I guess I should consider a tankless heater. I know very little about them. Does anyone have one? How is it? Is it possible to outrun the capacity (i.e., if volume gets high enough does performance drop)? What should I look for regarding specs? What you do different, if you were to buy one again? Have you seen any savings?

My utility is offering $250 off if I get one, so that makes them pretty affordable. I'd be using a gas one, does that makes a difference?

Reaction Score
For what it's worth….I trust the two techs-lady and a gent-who maintain my coil in boiler domestic hot water system. It's a Weil Mclain, and pretty efficient for its age. When the domestic hot water mixing valve died (third time in ten years ) they suggested that I go to a basement heat pump hot water system.

I happily defer to their knowledge, especially because Maine HVAC licenses do not allow them to install the unit. I need a plumber for that.
With a tankless coil they can attach a 50 gallon electric as a sort of holding tank. It’s a much less expensive alternative if the heat pump is out of your budget. It greatly improves your hot water output as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro
Top Bottom