Talk me down... | The Boneyard

Talk me down...

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
After reading about Crocker's immediate turn around at Villanova and visions of Newsome, Dixon and JFIII running in space...

We are going to win the AAC in 2017 if we can just find a way to beat Holy Cross :)

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
After reading about Crocker's immediate turn around at Villanova and visions of Newsome, Dixon and JFIII running in space...

We are going to win the AAC in 2017 if we can just find a way to beat Holy Cross :)

Optimism is great...but...who is the QB?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

Keep rolling, what's the worst that could happen?

Reaction Score

Don't know what next year holds but 2 years from now I'll take 7 wins as the minimum and a spot in the AAC Championship Game. No pressure.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
We have a much better chance convincing JFIII to transfer than we do getting Joey Gatewood lol. If he came here then it'd be a real cfb coup on our parts.
I agree. I just hope Lashlee, at least, makes that phone call. It's worth a shot. Nobody thought Lashlee would be here either. ;)

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score

Let me try...

- We still have massive holes in the secondary which is a problem for Crocker given that's where we need the most guys
- Unless BS comes back (or we get a miraculous transfer), I don't see how we can effectively run an offense no matter how good the OC is
- Our OL (which was horrible last year) lost two three year starters (maybe we can only go up from where we are?)
- We lost both of our special teams starters at P and PK

But on the positive side, we will likely return more punts this year.

Sorry to be the voice of reality.

Reaction Score
I saw JFIII on that reality show for Netflix. I'll take the kid that started in front of him. Not impressed with JF

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Sorry to be the voice of reality.

I hate when people say stuff like this.

You are not being the voice of reality. Reality is a state of being. Prediction is trying to anticipate what will be, not what is.

You've mentioned aspects of this team as you see them and how they might affect the future, but that doesn't make it "reality". It makes it your opinion.

Nobody here, myself included, could possibly predict "reality" in 8 months time when we haven't the slightest idea how the new coaching staff will behave or what they can draw from our current roster. We could end up 2-10 or 10-2 this regular season and neither outcome would break any laws of physics. Especially with multiple coaches leaving the best teams of the AAC.

My "reality"? 15-0 is still on the table...

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Our chances of getting Franklin are probably slim. Also, FWIW, he just started following Willie Taggert

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
I hate when people say stuff like this.

You are not being the voice of reality. Reality is a state of being. Prediction is trying to anticipate what will be, not what is.

You've mentioned aspects of this team as you see them and how they might affect the future, but that doesn't make it "reality". It makes it your opinion.

Nobody here, myself included, could possibly predict "reality" in 8 months time when we haven't the slightest idea how the new coaching staff will behave or what they can draw from our current roster. We could end up 2-10 or 10-2 this regular season and neither outcome would break any laws of physics. Especially with multiple coaches leaving the best teams of the AAC.

My "reality"? 15-0 is still on the table...

You're right that there are certain things which are based on certain people's "perspective" but there are others that were "facts" that can't be debated (appreciating that there are those in today's world who no longer consider basic facts to be considered as such).

We lost two 3 year starters from our OL. We lost our best safety in Obi and we also graduated our two starting corners. These are indisputable realities. If Donovan Williams ends up being our only option at QB that means we've got a guy who completed less than 50% of his passes for less than 4 yards per attempt and a QB rating of 71.7.

Of course, there are new guys who might step up and I sure hope they do. It's an unknown.

I love your enthusiasm and you are welcome to consider your "reality" in any way you want to. For my part, I try to manage my expectations so I don't end up being so bitterly disappointed. If we go 10-2, I'd be astonished / thrilled. 2-10 and I'd be disappointed but not shocked.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom