2025 Recruiting: - Taliyah Henderson | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Taliyah Henderson

Reaction Score
Taliyah Henderson, 6’0 Wing from Arizona (by way of Canada), #21 in the 2025 class, has reportedly been offered by UConn.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
With only so many scholarships available this shocks me. UConn is already on the final lists of Somfai, Davidson, and Makeer at a minimum plus their newfound interest in Prawl. Fascinating but strange.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
With only so many scholarships available this shocks me. UConn is already on the final lists of Somfai, Davidson, and Makeer at a minimum plus their newfound interest in Prawl. Fascinating but strange.
Question for you Slu. Doesn't new offers usually mean a status change for one of the others?

Reaction Score
Taliyah Henderson, 6’0 Wing from Arizona (by way of Canada), #21 in the 2025 class, has reportedly been offered by UConn.

If there really is a UConn offer, it's a little late in the recruiting process for another offer for a 6-0 left handed wing to pop up. It may be that UConn has gotten some info on the availability status of Jazz Davidson and want to recruit for that specific position. This is interesting.

Reaction Score
Question for you Slu. Doesn't new offers usually mean a status change for one of the others?
Yes, with probably only one slot open for the 2025 class it would be unusual to offer another wing before knowing what Davidson and Somfai are going to do. Unless they do know.

Reaction Score
If there really is a UConn offer, it's a little late in the recruiting process for another offer for a 6-0 left handed wing to pop up. It may be that UConn has gotten some info on the availability status of Jazz Davidson and want to recruit for that specific position. This is interesting.

Coach Valley liked this post, so I’d take that as confirmation.

Reaction Score
2025: Taliyah Henderson | Offered | 6-0 | Wing | 21 #1 | 37 #2 | 23 #3 | WBB Blog | ESPN | maxpreps.com: Bio | usab.com: Bio | usatodayhss.com | youtube.com | News, Images and Videos | The Boneyard | 2024 U18: Stats | Highlight2 | Highlight3 | Highlight4 | Highlight5 |

Taliyah Henderson (Canada: 2024 U18 Americup: through 6 games):
  • Minutes: 23.6 (2nd)
  • Efficiency: 9.0 (5th)
  • Rebounds: 6.3 (Tie 2nd)
  • Assists: 1.2 (4th)
  • Steals: 0.7 (11th)
  • Blocks: 0.2 (Tie 6th)
  • Turnovers: 2.2 (3rd)
  • 2 Pt %: 34.4% (10th)
  • 3 Pt %: 25.0% (8th)
  • FT %: 76.7% (4th)
  • FGA: 8.0 (5th)
UConn Recruiting: Roster Chart | HuskyNan List | WBBlog |

Reaction Score
It can, but it's not a rule. This one does surprise me though. Maybe Geno feels it's more likely that one of Ducharme or Fudd aren't going to take a fifth year, giving them more space.
That could be it, but I think it also could reflect substantial doubt regarding our chances with the top wing prospects. I think presuming one additional roster spot is kept for Somfai, we might not have room for much more, so I am guessing it might be just one from Davidson, Makeer, Prawl and Henderson.

It could be in that order, try for Davidson, if not her go after Makeer, if we miss on both grab Prawl, and Henderson is the Plan D, but regardless of the order of priority, I don't think we would try to sign more than 2 from that group, and possibly just one.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
It can, but it's not a rule. This one does surprise me though. Maybe Geno feels it's more likely that one of Ducharme or Fudd aren't going to take a fifth year, giving them more space.
This makes the most sense. In your opinion, is Henderson UConn worthy?

Reaction Score
That could be it, but I think it also could reflect substantial doubt regarding our chances with the top wing prospects. I think presuming one additional roster spot is kept for Somfai, we might not have room for much more, so I am guessing it might be just one from Davidson, Makeer, Prawl and Henderson.

It could be in that order, try for Davidson, if not her go after Makeer, if we miss on both grab Prawl, and Henderson is the Plan D, but regardless of the order of priority, I don't think we would try to sign more than 2 from that group, and possibly just one.
I agree with you here but I believe it would come down to Davidson or Henderson. I don't see Makeer picking UConn. Anywhere other than SC and UConn would be her best fits for early PT, she needs a lot of fundamental work. And Prawl doesn't have an offer that I'm aware of and I doubt she'd be getting one at this stage.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom