Taliek | The Boneyard

Taliek

Reaction Score
Would he have any kind of shot at taking over if/when Pitino leaves for St Johns or whoever else? If so, new team to pull for STARTING in the 2023-24 season.

Reaction Score
Does he go with Pitino? Or come back home if Kimani gets a head coaching position?

Reaction Score
steve masiello onthe staff at Iona. Wonder if Rick would take him with him to his new gig, or if he could potentially be the next head coach

Reaction Score
steve masiello onthe staff at Iona. Wonder if Rick would take him with him to his new gig, or if he could potentially be the next head coach
oh right the former coach of Manhattan who quit on his team a few weeks before this season started. I have a feeling he would get the job only because he has head coaching experience and Taliek is only in his first year as assistant coach.

Reaction Score
oh right the former coach of Manhattan who quit on his team a few weeks before this season started. I have a feeling he would get the job.
He’s had success as a head coach and Rick obviously trusts him….

Reaction Score
He’s had success as a head coach and Rick obviously trusts him….
I added this comment while you were responding.

I have a feeling he would get the job only because he has head coaching experience and Taliek is only in his first year as assistant coach.

Reaction Score
What a great opportunity for Taliek. Works under a well respected younger coach in Hurley then goes to graduate school under a HOF coach in Pitino. Would never happen so quick if Rick was at a P6.

Would be great if Rick takes TB with him to the next spot…st John’s?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Would be great if Rick takes TB with him to the next spot…st John’s?
Wondering the same thing. It would be one hell of an opportunity for Taliek.

Reaction Score
I added this comment while you were responding.

I have a feeling he would get the job only because he has head coaching experience and Taliek is only in his first year as assistant coach.
Love taliek, but not sure at this stage he’d be considered. Was thinking more potentially kimani. Masiello has won the MAAC twice as a head coach. Hard to find a proven, successful head coach at that level. Definitely think he’d be on the short list, if he wants it and Rick isn’t bringing him with him.

Reaction Score
I wonder how much Taliek's understanding of our program will help Iona.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Though it might hurt recruiting for rest of BE
I can live with that, probably in part due to the fact that I feel like our staff can recruit against anyone, but also because good St. John’s would be good for UConn and maybe they would change their decision to stop playing us at MSG. In all honesty, I want all the original Big East schools to be good. It helps our SOS and gets us back to the swagger that came with the big east conference, being the undisputed best basketball conference in the country. Being afraid of competition from conference opponents is a sure road to irrelevancy. Ask our friends at BCU.

Reaction Score
Funny. TB was one of the most maligned players in Husky History. I never quite got that. Now everyone is fondly remembering him.
Many folks here probably barely remember 2004, they certainly weren’t posting on message boards. They remember the championship and maybe that season…they don’t recall the issues that people were upset about in the earlier seasons

Quite honestly, I started following UConn in 2003 and didn’t read this place so only know the Taliek history from reading it now/here

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom