Talent Level | The Boneyard

Talent Level

Reaction Score
I always like to look back at the beginning of each season and see where I think the overall talent level is compared to prior years. I feel it's a good bench mark to see how Cav is doing building his program. The members here that are active all have a good feel/knowledge of the game...and that makes for excellent sometimes lively conversation about this team/program. Last night after the first period I started to think back to where we were when the first period ended against BC in 2014. What I saw last night was a true HE level program...granted skating a ton of freshman..but kids who were big in size and aside from Iskhakov didn't get pushed around. It's definitely a fluid product that is still improving...BUT last night was proof to me that this team isn't a 4 point gimme anymore. And that this program will soon be knocking on the door of making it to the next round of the HE tournament.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The shots on net has improved which is great to see. Some great passing of the puck last night.
31: Army
13: QU
26: PC
33: Maine

Great to UConn beat the crap out of a Boston Bruins 4th round draft pick (111th overall in 2017 entry draft)
SWAY-MAN.... SWAY-MAN...

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Looking back on the weekend, while the third period/OT yesterday was disappointing, you can clearly see a program progression. I didn't expect it with so many new faces, but they don't look like a team that's just gonna hang in there and hope to get a few- they really controlled most of the play all weekend. The PP needs a lot of work, but they skate and move really well. Finally have the size/speed combo in the roster they need to succeed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69
Top Bottom