Talent Level Comparison | The Boneyard

Talent Level Comparison

Reaction Score
As good as we played last night, what I love the most about this team is we're now at the point where the whole is greater. Talent alone can't beat us when we play like last night. I also like that we're different than most teams -- who else has a big man that plays like a Free Safety?

I'm not sure how others feel, but I still feel that Nova has better talent right now, but that won't last much longer.

Reaction Score
As good as we played last night, what I love the most about this team is we're now at the point where the whole is greater. Talent alone can't beat us when we play like last night. I also like that we're different than most teams -- who else has a big man that plays like a Free Safety?

I'm not sure how others feel, but I still feel that Nova has better talent right now, but that won't last much longer.
I actually don't think they have better talent, they just have different talent. Tough team for us, and most, to defend when they throw 4 guys out there that can hit the 3.

Reaction Score

You could not be more correct! This is one of the toughest teams I remember in a long time. Instinctively these guys are dogs, protect each other, have a little edge to them, I love it.

I was trying to explain this to my wife last night who was worried we aren’t going to be as good next season losing Polley, Martin, Cole, Whaley. I was trying to explain to her that these aren’t the most raw talented guys in the world, they just have a ton of heart and a ton of experience. We will no doubt me more skilled every year on going forward than we are now, but this is a special team right now. Last night really showed that against a more talented Nova team on paper.

Reaction Score
We probably have as much talent on the roster as 'Nova IMO if you add up the individual star ratings, skills, whatever. I think they just have a better constructed roster, which is expected for a team no longer in a rebuild. We're missing that 1 extra shooter and shot creator that would make us a top 10 team. Sanogo and Whaley don't quite fit together as much as we will when 100% Hurley recruits are on the roster.

Reaction Score
I actually don't think they have better talent, they just have different talent. Tough team for us, and most, to defend when they throw 4 guys out there that can hit the 3.
Agreed

Reaction Score
We probably have as much talent on the roster as 'Nova IMO if you add up the individual star ratings, skills, whatever. I think they just have a better constructed roster, which is expected for a team no longer in a rebuild. We're missing that 1 extra shooter and shot creator that would make us a top 10 team. Sanogo and Whaley don't quite fit together as much as we will when 100% Hurley recruits are on the roster.

Agreed. I feel like the starting lineup will be more balanced next season with Hawkins and hopefully Samson starting next to Adama. Assuming Rese moves on and RJ stays.

Reaction Score
It seems like we'll have about 80 guys on the team next year.

Reaction Score
Agreed. I feel like the starting lineup will be more balanced next season with Hawkins and hopefully Samson starting next to Adama. Assuming Rese moves on and RJ stays.
It’ll be more balanced in terms of shooting yes but there’s a ginormous drop off in D and production between Whaley and either Samson or Akok. We need a new starting PF if we’re going on a final 4 run.

I can’t feel confident going into next season with those guys both having fallen out of the rotation entirely

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Villanova recruits and trains robot players. Incredibly disciplined and sound fundamentally - jump stops, quick cuts, always on balance and in rhythm, great spacing, always in triple threat. They also switch everything, so their defense is more modern than ours. What they lack is what we have in spades - high-end athleticism/size combo.

It's what makes it such a compelling matchup. Villanova is incredibly efficient and we gotta kinda go mustang and try to beast them.

Reaction Score
We have an X factor out there if Hawkins all of a sudden gets to making his shots. He can put up points quick in brief playing time.
Or if Polley starts hitting the 3 like he did in Villanova. We are such a good team with Polley hitting the 3. It opens up everything inside.

Reaction Score
Just rewatching the tape and we are so lucky to have Sanogo. What a force and motor. Haven’t had this level of toughness at center since Emeka. As long as he stays out of foul trouble. And Martin is starting to remind me of Giffey at the 3 point line.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
You could not be more correct! This is one of the toughest teams I remember in a long time. Instinctively these guys are dogs, protect each other, have a little edge to them, I love it.

I was trying to explain this to my wife last night who was worried we aren’t going to be as good next season losing Polley, Martin, Cole, Whaley. I was trying to explain to her that these aren’t the most raw talented guys in the world, they just have a ton of heart and a ton of experience. We will no doubt me more skilled every year on going forward than we are now, but this is a special team right now. Last night really showed that against a more talented Nova team on paper.

Outstanding attempt.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
We have an X factor out there if Hawkins all of a sudden gets to making his shots. He can put up points quick in brief playing time.
Or if Polley starts hitting the 3 like he did in Villanova. We are such a good team with Polley hitting the 3. It opens up everything inside.

Imagine is Polley and Hawkins are in the game together and they both start hitting 3's.

Jennifer Lawrence Dance GIF by Passengers Movie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thebug23

Top Bottom