Tale of the Tape: UConn Offense vs. USF (A. Callahan) | The Boneyard

Tale of the Tape: UConn Offense vs. USF (A. Callahan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I would love for these to get published in the Courant. They really are must reads.

Reaction Score
Yeah Callahan has been absolutely killing it this year. Too bad the team he's covering isn't worthy of his excellent coverage.

(No offense to the team, I'm a pretty poor fan myself!)

Reaction Score
Interesting that he scoped out standard formation, plays called with 2 back sets and how single wide isolation usually leads to slants or curls; expect opponents see this also (seems especially after halftime). Not sure what is correct strategy but run blitz by opponent needs to cost them, that's what killed wildcat last year and kills the delayed halfback hand off.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Also interesting that on the sack / fumble / TD, it wasn't necessarily Bennett's fault since Boyle had dropped three yards further back than he was supposed to.

Reaction Score
Also interesting that on the sack / fumble / TD, it wasn't necessarily Bennett's fault since Boyle had dropped three yards further back than he was supposed to.
That's exactly what HCTJW said during his news conference. A couple of tweeks and we'll get there.

Reaction Score

Just goes to show without really studying tape it is hard to critique what is going on.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Fantastic breakdown of the offensive series. I'd love to see a defensive breakdown too. I know it would be a bit more difficult to write since defense it mostly read-and-react, but I'd still love to see how we generate pressure up front, what kind of coverage (man vs. zone) produced the best results against particular formations, and how our LBs fill line gaps.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Stick with this thread and I'm sure Medic will have the link to the defensive breakdown as soon as it's up- likely tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom