• Bonzie Colson

Votes: 16 18.0%
  • Ray Kasongo

Votes: 73 82.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Who ya got? Both are being recruited as PF's so it'll be tough to get both. If you had to pick one, who would you take? The uber athletic, underrated Canadian kid who looks like he's gonna blow up this year (he'll be very well known by spring) or the the undersized garbage man that may not have as high a ceiling, but is dependable and will give 110% whenever he's on the court?

Tough choice, but there is something about Bonzie. Adrien was one of my all-time favorite Huskies, so maybe the similarities in playing style is making me lean that way.

Reaction Score
Kosongo is just so much bigger and athletic. Bonzie has advantages in terms of skills set but could be a liability on defense and rebounding.

Reaction Score
Let's create a poll to alienate one or the other for no particular reason.

How does asking for others opinions alienate the players? I like both players, I just have a preference. It's not like they are gonna see this poll and curl up in a ball if they weren't the higher voted player.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
How does asking for others opinions alienate the players? I like both players, I just have a preference. It's not like they are gonna see this poll and curl up in a ball if they weren't the higher voted player.
Says the person who tweets recruits?:) Some recruits do come here!

Reaction Score
Says the person who tweets recruits?:) Some recruits do come here!

If they see the poll and its not the result they wanted, its more motivation to work harder. I'm just saying, these guys are my age and shouldn't have their feelings hurt by a little poll.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
If they see the poll and its not the result they wanted, its more motivation to work harder. I'm just saying, these guys are my age and shouldn't have their feelings hurt by a little poll.
I have no problem with the poll and voted. This is a public forum and we have the opportunity to speak our minds. It's just that there is always the possibility that everything we say and do has consequences, positive or negative.

I think the chances for Bonzie coming are very slim. Kasango is Oregon's to lose. They've been on him for a while and I don't think geography will be a factor. His visit will have to be bad for him to come UConn's way! I'm still hoping!

caw

Reaction Score
I have no problem with the poll and voted. This is a public forum and we have the opportunity to speak our minds. It's just that there is always the possibility that everything we say and do has consequences, positive or negative.

I think the chances for Bonzie coming are very slim. Kasango is Oregon's to lose. They've been on him for a while and I don't think geography will be a factor. His visit will have to be bad for him to come UConn's way! I'm still hoping!

This is closer than Larriers with Kasongo. His visit was that good from what I've been told. VCU had o majorly up Larriers, Oregon has much less wiggle room.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
This is closer than Larriers with Kasongo. His visit was that good from what I've been told. VCU had o majorly up Larriers, Oregon has much less wiggle room.
Good to hear!

Reaction Score
Everything we have heard was that Kasongo's visit was off the charts. Picked a great weekend to come. Plus, it is so much closer for his parents. If everything is equal, that could be the decisive factor. My take is that UCONN is leading, but he is going on the Oregon visit out of respect for the fact that they have been on him for a while and wants to do his due deligence.

Reaction Score
Because it sets up a false zero sum game.

Reaction Score
Prefer RK but Bonzie is liable to be better. We have had great success with guys we took after losing out on someone.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I'd be thrilled with either, and even more thrilled with both.

Bonzie will find a way to get on the court one way or another. He's going to be a winner in college, and I just hope that's at UConn. Kasongo, meanwhile, is simply a monster athlete who will get groomed into a high draft pick if he chooses us.

We really can't go wrong.

Reaction Score
These guys are different. I think Kasongo will become a great player with an NBA ready body.

Colson will be ready to contribute immediately and will be a college star ala Danye Abrams.

There is no wrong answer right now.

Reaction Score
Both! There is room for both. They'd bring the beef to the front line that we're lacking. They'd instantly be the strongest guys in the post for us, knocking opponents around and would more offensively minded. We can use scorers in the paint. Between Kasongo, Colson, Facey, Brimah & Nolan... we'd never be out rebounded or blocked again! It would be intimidating to opponents, back to the glory days. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom