Take with grain of salt. Thought this B1G/BE thing possibly happening from someone claiming to be an MSG employee on JohnnyJungle seemed interesting.. | The Boneyard

Take with grain of salt. Thought this B1G/BE thing possibly happening from someone claiming to be an MSG employee on JohnnyJungle seemed interesting..

Reaction Score
1631332071787.png

Reaction Score
So the Big Ten would get 5/7 from each division in the conference tourney (for 10/14 total) but the BE would only get 5/12 total? They better be paying handsomely if that's the case.

Reaction Score
Okay so I would love for us to work this out.

MSG employee since the 90s ie 25-30 years. Refers to decision-makers as “suits”, implying he is not really in that circle; but they’re willing to share information with this guy? Is he like that one cool janitor everyone loves and feel free shooting the ish with? They’re not talking to anyone else who could leak it? This is the literal lone corner of the internet where it’s being brought to light?

It is a very interesting format to just make up though

Reaction Score
Okay so I would love for us to work this out.

MSG employee since the 90s ie 25-30 years. Refers to decision-makers as “suits”, implying he is not really in that circle; but they’re willing to share information with this guy? Is he like that one cool janitor everyone loves and feel free shooting the ish with? They’re not talking to anyone else who could leak it? This is the literal lone corner of the internet where it’s being brought to light?

It is a very interesting format to just make up though
He also said this

"...They were talking Indiana, Michigan State, UConn, Nova, Kansas and Maryland all on a Thursday slate. “We could have 4 of the top 8 all time on a Friday” was what stuck out to me."

I am going to believe this is true even though it's probably not, because it means at least the B1G is thinking about us. Kansas is a red herring though. Do they know something everyone else doesnt, or is this proof it's made up?

Reaction Score
Basketball and football need to be separated in conferences. Who would be opposed to basketball-only super conferences? That would make the most sense and you could probably work out a separate media deal which means more $$

Reaction Score
In before this is banished to Non-Key tweets…

Kansas, Nebraska, Creighton, Iowa, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Marquette, DePaul, Northwestern

Illinois, Indiana, Butler, Purdue, Xavier, Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State

UConn, Nova, Georgetown, St John, Providence, Seton Hall, Rutgers, Maryland, Penn State

Theres your 3 divisions for this scenario

Reaction Score

Kansas, Nebraska, Creighton, Iowa, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Marquette, DePaul, Northwestern

UConn, Nova, Georgetown, St John, Providence, Seton Hall, Rutgers, Maryland, Penn State

Because realignment is really media driven . Fox doing something like this is actually a brilliant idea and doable . I thought the Catholics never getting involved in football again was short sighted Having a working relationship with the highest paid league and the most prestigious league out there is great.
The B1G gets access to the Northeast basketball hotbeds including MSG, and 4 NC this century.
This really hurts the ACC more than the SEC and marginalizes Cuse , BC and Pitt.
Hopefully the money is in the $10,000,000 plus range for BB.
Even if UConn football gets 5 games a year as an Indy with the league it could save the program. Other than full membership in a P conference this is probably the best we can do. Sign me up.

Reaction Score

Poach Notre Dame as the 9th team in the 2nd division. Creates 3 equal divisions of 9, 27 teams total.

Reaction Score
As of two weeks ago The big10 doesn’t want KUfootball. Would they go independent if this actually happened?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
It's more a mystery to me this thread having 20 responses than the Mark Few DUI thread going 6 pages.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom