Taisun P tears his ACL (*actually Achilles*) - New Update | The Boneyard

Taisun P tears his ACL (*actually Achilles*) - New Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Have to think another P5 conference is his next destination if he chooses to transfer.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
So sad to hear. I know they had packages set up for him this coming season.

I hope he gets well soon

Reaction Score
Have to think another P5 conference is his next destination if he chooses to transfer.
Coming of an ACL Repair and with minimal film available a P5 Starting job might be a tough sell. Maybe he bets on himself and goes G5 or FCS. Starting at Clemson, short of a rash of injuries, probably isn't in the cards. Starting at Uconn however still could be.

Reaction Score
Coming of an ACL Repair and with minimal film available a P5 Starting job might be a tough sell. Maybe he bets on himself and goes G5 or FCS. Starting at Clemson, short of a rash of injuries, probably isn't in the cards. Starting at Uconn however still could be.
No doubt it won’t be a top tier P5 but can definitely see him going to a mid tier P5.

Reaction Score
Just a clarification - Original thread title doesn't match actual injury - It is his Achilles not his ACL.

Reaction Score
That is likely a much worse injury.
Yup. Going thru that rehab myself at the moment. My PT therapist says the standard full recovery time is 14 months. The issue is that strength takes a long time to come back. Who was it in MBB who had an Achilles injury? Akok Akok? I think he got back in under a year but was not the force that he had been. And he had youth and physical condition on his side.

Reaction Score
Ugh - a killer. Not that acl is not bad but Achilles for a mobile qb like Taisun is tough. I had previously said we wouldn’t have a shot but I think this injury puts UCONN in play. Everything I have read about him says he is a tough dude, he will get through this and be productive I am sure. Rooting for him wherever he goes.

Reaction Score
Update:

-> Phommachanh suffered a torn Achilles’ tendon in April during the Orange and White spring game. He was initially counted out for 2021, upgraded this summer to likely being back at some point this season and on Monday was cleared for the Sept. 4 kickoff against Georgia in Charlotte.

“He’s available. He's ready to go,” Clemson coach Dabo Swinney said Thursday. “... Excited to have him back. It's unbelievable. It's amazing."

Swinney said Phommachanh would be the first one to go into the game for starter D.J. Uiagalelei.

“Taisun is the No. 2 guy,” Swinney said. “He’s practiced all camp. He’s really done everything since that first week. They just fully cleared him the other other day.” <-

Reaction Score
I can’t imagine that the brothers would want to both be here competing against each other for the (one) starting QB position.

Reaction Score
Update:

-> Phommachanh suffered a torn Achilles’ tendon in April during the Orange and White spring game. He was initially counted out for 2021, upgraded this summer to likely being back at some point this season and on Monday was cleared for the Sept. 4 kickoff against Georgia in Charlotte.

“He’s available. He's ready to go,” Clemson coach Dabo Swinney said Thursday. “... Excited to have him back. It's unbelievable. It's amazing."

Swinney said Phommachanh would be the first one to go into the game for starter D.J. Uiagalelei.

“Taisun is the No. 2 guy,” Swinney said. “He’s practiced all camp. He’s really done everything since that first week. They just fully cleared him the other other day.” <-

He'll back up this year and next year Clemson will bring in two five stars QBs that will jump ahead of him on the depth chart. He would be very welcome at UConn and his bro could go to WR or safety.

Reaction Score
Headed to the Clemson game this year, I assume I will get to see him play the 2nd half when they are up by multiple scores by then...

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Headed to the Clemson game this year, I assume I will get to see him play the 2nd half when they are up by multiple scores by then...
Yes UConn winning by at least four scores by then :)

Reaction Score
Honestly the kid will have a better chance of making it to the league as a backup from Clemson than a starter at uconn or any Lowe caliber program. Clemson gets enough blow out wins that in some cases the backups may play more of a game than the starters. Look at bama qb room a few years back. Jalen hurts started two seasons got benched for tua as a frosh and Mac Jones was a third stringer. All drafted at a respectable number. So 4 years as a back up at Clemson with starting maybe year 5 would be more beneficial than starting at lower caliber school.

Reaction Score
Yup. Going thru that rehab myself at the moment. My PT therapist says the standard full recovery time is 14 months. The issue is that strength takes a long time to come back. Who was it in MBB who had an Achilles injury? Akok Akok? I think he got back in under a year but was not the force that he had been. And he had youth and physical condition on his side.
18 months for a torn Achilles. I should know, I had two, one on each foot. Although, one of them was a surgically cut Achilles which is much less damaging to surrounding tissues, and is easier to come back from than a rupture.

Reaction Score
18 months for a torn Achilles. I should know, I had two, one on each foot. Although, one of them was a surgically cut Achilles which is much less damaging to surrounding tissues, and is easier to come back from than a rupture.
Coming up on 14 months myself but still cannot do a one legged heel lift on that side despite rigorous PT. However, I can now stand straight legged in the neutral position with only the balls of the feet on the step, and I can get up out of the saddle and crank hard on my road bike. The next four months will be key.

Reaction Score
Coming up on 14 months myself but still cannot do a one legged heel lift on that side despite rigorous PT. However, I can now stand straight legged in the neutral position with only the balls of the feet on the step, and I can get up out of the saddle and crank hard on my road bike. The next four months will be key.
I was a runner for 40 years, did on average about 10-15 miles a week. Around the beginning of my 3rd decade of running, began having pain in my calf and heal on my left side. My problem was diagnosed as calcification of the Achilles, and if left untreated would eventually lead to a catastrophic rupture. So they go in and physically cut the Achilles down by the heal bone and shave off all the calcification and remove any bone spurs, then they insert what they call a “soft tissue anchor “ so the tendon can grow and attach itself back to the heal bone. Had that done and was running again in just over a year. My other foot was a rupture caused by the same condition, which took me about 18 months for a full recovery. What was funny about the 2nd time, it was very painful running right up to the 18th month until one day, the pain was instantly gone in one days run. My surgeon had warned me it would be like that. Breaking through adhesions during the PT and light running is critical and finally all the pain goes away sometimes in certain people like me overnight. I now have two bionic feet as I like to call them. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom