Tailgating w/ Coach Cap - Rice Edition | The Boneyard

Tailgating w/ Coach Cap - Rice Edition

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
spending 20 minutes fussing over adding hot stock to rice is not the way to tailgate.

Make some arancini night before and reheat in foil.

Plus is, you can stick leftovers in your jacket pockets and snack during the game, or throw them at the Rice bench.
You had me at arancini!!!

Reaction Score
I didn't even start the tailgating menu thread & you guys already hijacked it?

Thoughts that I sent out to my tailgate crew:
-Wings
-Texas Chili
-Spanish Rice
-Rice Pudding
-Rice Pilaf
-Strip Steak Grinders with Peppers & Onions
-Rice Krispy Treats
-Saki (Rice Wine)

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Remember- With a good ricer anything can become rice... ANYTHING.

bacon.jpg
ricer.jpg

Reaction Score
I'm going with my FAU suggestion. I mean, 3 hooters games in one season can't be a coincidence
Burritos would be good but kind of heavy for a tailgate. Hooters does offer a Sausage & Shrimp Gumbo

hooters makes you happy GIF by Hooters

Reaction Score
So I'm cooking for the largest group I've ever done (11), which means the menu has to be carefully simplified so my one Coleman Road Trip can handle everything. First course will be Texican -- tortilla chips with guac and chicken and cheese quesadillas. Entree will be burgers, a potato salad and tomato stacks (slices, of tomatoes, mozzarella, onion and basil). Hopefully I am organized enough to pull this off. Because if not, who wants to watch a football game with disappointed lawyers!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So I'm cooking for the largest group I've ever done (11), which means the menu has to be carefully simplified so my one Coleman Road Trip can handle everything. First course will be Texican -- tortilla chips with guac and chicken and cheese quesadillas. Entry will be burgers, a potato salad and tomato stacks (slices, of tomatoes, mozzarella, onion and basil). Hopefully I am organized enough to pull this off. Because if not, who wants to watch a football game with disappointed lawyers!
Best part of it is biggest group you have had. Maybe a sign of good things. The food sounds good too.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So I'm cooking for the largest group I've ever done (11), which means the menu has to be carefully simplified so my one Coleman Road Trip can handle everything. First course will be Texican -- tortilla chips with guac and chicken and cheese quesadillas. Entry will be burgers, a potato salad and tomato stacks (slices, of tomatoes, mozzarella, onion and basil). Hopefully I am organized enough to pull this off. Because if not, who wants to watch a football game with disappointed lawyers!
Let's hope for a win so that you can bring in 11 more converts to the cult that is Connecticut football. As much as I am an advocate for an on-campus stadium, football at the Rent is a blast with great tailgating and great sight lines.

Connecticut football is fun again.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
At Real men do not eat couscous unless forced down their throats by their significant other.
At the risk of turning this into a political thread, if you haven’t tried Israeli couscous, it is nothing like the small grainy stuff and at least as versatile as rice. But there are no colleges named for it so far as I know.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lurkmore

Top Bottom