Tailgating menu for Saturday... | The Boneyard

Tailgating menu for Saturday...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Tequila. Cause I said so.
Meeting with most of the crew this evening. Someone asked last Saturday that because of the 1 P.M, kickoff (I haven't been to a 1 P.M. kickoff since Memorial Stadium days), will we be doing breakfast or lunch? My answer was YES!
By the way, I plan on a 9 A.M. arrival as always, thus ensuring a full 4 hours of tailgating. It's got to last until the Spring game.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
3 Game winning streak soup its got alittle taste of Jersey,made in a temple with a touch of Memphis.

Reaction Score
Gray Lot, first or second row... bring the girls in your pic... one can distract my wife while the other one and I have awkward conversations.

Yeah. As if I'd be at a football game if I had Saturday access to them.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Just picked up 2 nice pork shoulders tonight. Going to do a memphis dry rub as well on them, smoke with a little hickory on the grill at the lot. Collard greens and corn bread too. Anduille sauage bites for an app... oh and plenty of ice cold Budweisers.

Reaction Score
Jimmy Serrano said:
Yeah. As if I'd be at a football game if I had Saturday access to them.

Well, you do need a break between...

Reaction Score
Just picked up 2 nice pork shoulders tonight. Going to do a memphis dry rub as well on them, smoke with a little hickory on the grill at the lot. Collard greens and corn bread too. Anduille sauage bites for an app... oh and plenty of ice cold Budweisers.

Not that I would question another man's BBQ but I hope you sneak in early to get started cause I can't imagine only 4 hours for smoked pork. for a noon game I usually start them on the weber about 8pm, into a 200 degree oven around 3-4 am for a couple hours before wrapping up into a cooler to get to the lot for 8am and pull on site :)

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Not that I would question another man's BBQ but I hope you sneak in early to get started cause I can't imagine only 4 hours for smoked pork. for a noon game I usually start them on the weber about 8pm, into a 200 degree oven around 3-4 am for a couple hours before wrapping up into a cooler to get to the lot for 8am and pull on site :)

I was thinking the same thing about smoking in the morning.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
My tailgate this week has disintegrated. For various reasons including cold weather, old age, out-of-town memorial service and Bell's Palsy. Screw it, I'm still going. I'll be the guy in the chair with the capicola grinder and the 8-pack of Bud.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Waquoit said:
My tailgate this week has disintegrated. For various reasons including cold weather, old age, out-of-town memorial service and Bell's Palsy. Screw it, I'm still going. I'll be the guy in the chair with the capicola grinder and the 8-pack of Bud.

I once 'tailgated' by myself for the 15-10 USF game with a 12 pack of Natural Light and a package of Chips Ahoy sitting in the car listening to the pregame show.

Reaction Score
I once 'tailgated' by myself for the 15-10 USF game with a 12 pack of Natural Light and a package of Chips Ahoy sitting in the car listening to the pregame show.
I always tailgate by myself. Almost got my rear end kicked at the last game by an ex-80s athlete for wanting to ask his (beautiful) wife a question about his thoughts of the women's field hockey program.

Reaction Score
The Temple game last year was at 1pm I kinda like that a little better then noon can sleep in a little

Reaction Score
shoot, i wont be anywhere near the game but after this thread i clearly have to get some ribs going to watch it in my backyard.

(and whiskey or Don Julio)

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
The best I could come up with was BBQ pulled chicken sliders… dinner rolls, bread and butter pickles and shredded BBQ chicken.

For the breakfast part… biscuit breakfast sandwiches… I will look for some interesting cheese and some pork product to heat up and add to the mix...

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
True dedication.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Yeah, its not really going to do much in 3.5 hours or so, but I'm hoping to get a little of the hickory flavor. Might do the dry rub and throw them in the oven to cook tonight. Not sure...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom