OT: Tailgating Grills/equiptment | The Boneyard

OT: Tailgating Grills/equiptment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Looking to get a quality portable propane grill for tailgating. I've been doing some research and know Weber has a pretty quality model there's also some infrared ones out there that look cool. Anyone have any opinions or reviews on what they use now?

Also does anyone use any sort of portable generator or power invertors to power small electronics when they tailgate? Any reviews or recommendations on those would be appreciated too.

Reaction Score
Looking to get a quality portable propane grill for tailgating. I've been doing some research and know Weber has a pretty quality model there's also some infrared ones out there that look cool. Anyone have any opinions or reviews on what they use now?

Also does anyone use any sort of portable generator or power invertors to power small electronics when they tailgate? Any reviews or recommendations on those would be appreciated too.

I have a Coleman road trip that I use at the Rent and the similar Weber model that I use at my ski house. They are similar, but my personal preference is the Coleman.

Reaction Score
redneckgrill.jpg

Bill Sussman

My Name isn't really Bill
Reaction Score
Never had any problems with my Coleman....except that it's Red

Reaction Score
Never had any problems with my Coleman....except that it's Red

Same - original red coleman went belly up after many years of use. Moved to Weber 200. Very happy with it.

Reaction Score
I have the coleman and i love it. had it about 5 years and its still going strong. just bought the adapter so i can use a full tank, usually one tank lasts a season. so nice to not have to worry about if i have enough small ones or having to switch them.

Reaction Score
I've been using a Weber Q 200 for eight years. It works well for a portable but not as good as my Weber Genesis at home. Don't try using the Q with a full-size (20 lb.) propane tank and adapter. There is a shutoff valve on the Q that will reduce the gas flow if you don't let the gas build up in the adpter hose long enough. I was never able to get it to work right. I just use the disposable canisters now. Hamburgs, hot dogs, boneless chicken do well on the grill. Mid-November games and later are a challenge as it takes longer to cook due to the cold.

Reaction Score
Weber q 100 and it's awesome. Hot even heat. We use it on the boat and for tailgates. You can get them for like 150 and minipropanes are cheap. I did hear good things about Coleman

Reaction Score
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill, hands down is the best grill. I used the before mentioned Coleman Roadtrip grill for a few years, but the grill was messy and smelled in the back of the truck when you packed up. The Margaritaville attaches to your trailer hitch w/ A swing boom and is just awesome! There has not been one tailgate in 4 years at The Rent where multiple people haven't come up to me and asked about it. If your leaning towards the Coleman Roadtrip, I'll make u a deal on mine. Used only 15 times.

Reaction Score
The Honda EU1000 inverter generator is excellent. Really quiet and does a great job. Problem is, it's a little under a grand and not really big enough for much other than camping and tailgating.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I've had a Thermos Fire & Ice Grill for the last 8 years (Now called Grill 2 Go). The built in cooler is a great feature. The grill separates from the cooler and can be used on a table top, and is light enough for one person to load/unload/set up.

While the power was out after the hurricane last year, my wife and I rolled the Fire and Ice to the edge of our garage and tailgated for three days. It was a great way to use up the meat in the freezer instead of throwing it out.

Reaction Score
I have the Coleman Paulie Jr. Tailgate Grill in black.
Had it for two seasons works great, even has a griddle accessory for cooking breakfast.

Reaction Score

Go big or go home (only kidding):

tailgatinggrills.jpg

Reaction Score
Anyone have a portable kegerator

I've never seen one. Wouldn't that take a lot of room in ur car/truck?' would b cool if it was mounted someway in a truck or something.... I just go w/ the 3 cooler system And a ton of ice. Small cooler for condiments , medium for food, and large fishing/boat cooler for beverages.

Reaction Score
Margaritaville Tailgating Grill, hands down is the best grill. I used the before mentioned Coleman Roadtrip grill for a few years, but the grill was messy and smelled in the back of the truck when you packed up. The Margaritaville attaches to your trailer hitch w/ A swing boom and is just awesome! There has not been one tailgate in 4 years at The Rent where multiple people haven't come up to me and asked about it. If your leaning towards the Coleman Roadtrip, I'll make u a deal on mine. Used only 15 times.

The Margaritaville is the best one out there for ease and keep grease outta your car. Our "Fine Mess" Crew has been using it for several seasons now. Excellent grill...too bad they are out of business. Hopefully someone buys the rights and continues to make them.

http://www.tailgatingideas.com/margaritaville-tailgating-grill-eulogy/

Reaction Score

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
I use my empty Jack bottle as my grill! Love being a caveman!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom