Tailgating/bars before Uconn vs Army Game | The Boneyard

Tailgating/bars before Uconn vs Army Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Trying to convince a bunch of people to come to the game with me. They are asking if tailgating is available or what the bar scene is like. Just looking for some opinions on this matter. Thanks

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
This should be pinned. I think in depth knowledge on tailgating would convince a lot of people to go.

Sadly I cannot offer much. I've driven to Yankee Stadium twice. Once when I was 20 ('97 ALDS. Wright beat Pettitte 5-3. It was glorious), and once after work (vs. Seattle. Yankees won. Not so glorious.). Both times were went right to the ball park. I couldn't tell you where we parked or where it was happening, but there was some tailgating going on.

The only other times going to Yankee Stadium, we took MetroNorth and had a couple cocktails en route.

Last edited:

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
None of the tailgatewiki.com locations are anywhere near Yankee Stadium. They are in Manhattan.
Thanks I'll delete that link. Oof... brutally bad recommendations.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Trying to convince a bunch of people to come to the game with me. They are asking if tailgating is available or what the bar scene is like. Just looking for some opinions on this matter. Thanks

Not being a d=ck but you're no "King" if you spell Husky wrong and have to start a thread asking if there's tailgating at The Rent.

Rentschler_Field.JPG

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Not being a d=ck but you're no "King" if you spell Husky wrong and have to start a thread asking if there's tailgating at The Rent.

View attachment 5208

Pretty sure he wasn't asking about the Rent...

My bad, I'm in Florida on business and had a long dinner with my buddy Jim Beam. Didn't even see the Army game reference.

Still can't call yourself "King" if you don't know how to properly spell Husky.

My apologies, HuskieKyng.

Reaction Score
I would not be surprised if tailgating was non existent at this game. I know the NYPD has been cracking down on tailgating at Met and Yankee games the past few seasons. Tailgating at the new Yankee stadium isn't what it was at the old place. There are a few bars across the stadium like Stan's that are good places to go....if you want to venture away from the stadium Glacken's is on 145th st near the old terminal market.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Metro North will probably be the way to go for me and my buddies. We are too cheap to make a weekend trip to the city out of it, the train ride in is a nice time to get properly 'lubed up' and the ride home is a good time to sober up!

Reaction Score
I tailgate all the time at the Stadium. No charcoal grills, propane is a must, and use plastic cups and you will have no worries. Huge lots along the East River.

There was another thread on this, already.

Reaction Score
Cheap Pabst Blue ribbon at the dugout. There's hard rock cafe at the stadium, along with the bars mentioned above. Billy's is a usual pre-game beer for me. Sin City is always fun after the game, can get in free with Yankee stubs, not sure about football though. Only a few train stops south in the bronx for some fun "adult" action.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom