Tailgate Guys, Husky Seats Coming To UConn Football This Fall | The Boneyard

Tailgate Guys, Husky Seats Coming To UConn Football This Fall

Reaction Score
I foresee much problems with seat stealing
That was my first thought as well. I never sit where my ticket is but it's not like the Rent is ever filled up. That being said, if there's a seatback I'm not gonna be taking that spot as I assume someone will actually be showing up.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I just bought a seat back and looks like I will be bringing it back to the store.

Great idea and more income for UConn

Reaction Score
Here is the company that SMU is now working with for Tailgate Services: SMU Turnkey Tailgate Packages

These turnkey rental tents can be a big source of revenue. Bama has had them for several years on the Quad which is a block from Bryant/Denny. There was an article in the paper today stating that under the new contract, for 7 home games, UA will get $530K for land rent and 30% of all revenue over $1 million. They should end up with 1.3-1.5 million for the season, not counting the fact that Bama catering is the "preferred provider" of food and beverage which allows for a lot of double dipping. When added to the 600-700 thousand per home game for parking they generate 5.5-6 Million per year before anyone sets foot in the stadium.

These revenue sources will make it harder for schools that do not have a huge stadium and on campus location to compete. Especially if TV rights have peaked due to cord cutting, etc.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
The seats add incentive for people to show up. The thought of some sweaty mofo sitting in your seat... plus you already bought the extra seat thing

Reaction Score
I've always liked the look of the empty stadiums (SEC teams come to mind) with the chairbacks scattered throughout the bleachers on TV. Something about it just makes it feel more like a home stadium as opposed to a rental space.

Reaction Score
I've always liked the look of the empty stadiums (SEC teams come to mind) with the chairbacks scattered throughout the bleachers on TV. Something about it just makes it feel more like a home stadium as opposed to a rental space.

I'm glad I'm not the only who thought this when I read it!

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
IMG_3710.JPG
Sure - dismiss the obvious easy answer because it involves actually taking to a human being. Must be a millennial;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom