Tailgate Gear | The Boneyard

Tailgate Gear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Every year I try to upgrade my tailgate gear, even if just a bit. In past years I've bought a UConn tent, branded chairs, flag pole (we are the American, upside down cold beer, and UConn flags), painted blue grill, speaker system, and UConn decal table.

image.jpg

This year my upgrades are a frost boss (a 2 min beer chiller from trunk warm to ice cold, that I UConn branded), a new truck bed speaker system, and an upgraded UConn table.
image.jpg

So what new or custom gear have you guys added this year?

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Frost boss:

image.jpg

I'm very intrigued by the frost boss. Might have to buy one.

This year I added UCONN grilling utensils I found on Amazon. Great because all pieces also have bottle cap openers.

I flirted with a flag this year but didn't do it. Maybe I'll cave after Friday when I see a billion flags out there.

Reaction Score
I'm very intrigued by the frost boss. Might have to buy one.

This year I added UCONN grilling utensils I found on Amazon. Great because all pieces also have bottle cap openers.

I flirted with a flag this year but didn't do it. Maybe I'll cave after Friday when I see a billion flags out there.
The frost boss is usually around $30 on amazon but if you search you'll find the less popular MLB teams version have dropped to around $7.

Can't go wrong for $7 and I then just UConn branded it myself.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
You know there are UConn Corn-hole game sets. You don't have to use that crappy 49'ers one. ;)

Reaction Score
You know there are UConn Corn-hole game sets. You don't have to use that crappy 49'ers one. ;)
That was the groups next to ours. Their corn hole was clearly infringing on our area. Gotta get more intimidating looking friends, we can't be having that.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Just caved and bought:

- an additional blonde mullet for any brave friend from my crew who cares to join me in joining the #mulletmovement
- Frost Boss
- UCONN stickers to cover the Frost Boss (thanks for the idea @DSquiz)
- UCONN dual-sided banner to be hung from my open back gate

Perhaps this should be a separate thread, but has everyone decided on game day attire? Last year, I bought a #43 jersey because it was the only jersey number offered in the new digs. We all know how that went. This year, I am planning on going back to a simple dark blue UCONN shirt, blue/gray shorts, mullet, and, once available for purchase, blue UCONN backet hat. No more jerseys. Last year was the first and last year I will single out a particular number/ player to wear. It's all about the team and school - time to get back to that.

I can't friggin' wait until Friday!

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
This is my new addition this year... Just finished this this week. took four coats of varnish. These and a new State of CT flag for my duel flag pole. Flying the CT and New UConn.

Boards.jpg

Reaction Score
That's s sick! I wonder how it works?
It works really well. A few ice cubes, hit the button, it's on a 2 min timer, and after it's near ice cold from in the trunk warm.

Also love the corn hole set! Painted I assume?

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
It works really well. A few ice cubes, hit the button, it's on a 2 min timer, and after it's near ice cold from in the trunk warm.

Also love the corn hole set! Painted I assume?
Yeah, all painted. Took me some time, but was worth it.

Reaction Score
Wait, don't they already make a device which turns warm beer cold: a cooler?
If you want to wait a half hour to an hour. Tailgating is only 4 hours, time is precious and sometimes you forget to take your beer out of the trunk.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
If you want to wait a half hour to an hour. Tailgating is only 4 hours, time is precious and sometimes you forget to take your beer out of the trunk.
Do you really bring warm beer to a tailgate and don't put it on ice until you get there?

This contraption is kind of cool (no pun intended), but I literally have never forgotten to ice down warm beer on the way to East Hartford, or take it directly from the garage fridge before I leave my house. It's not an issue for 12:00 games because Screwdrivers/Bloody Marys start the days' festivities.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Well maybe I should get a Frost Boss for my parents, half the time I go over for dinner they forget to put beer in the fridge!

Reaction Score

It's called planning. Not really all that difficult. ;>)

Reaction Score
You don't plan not to plan. Things just happen, nobody is perfect.

I've had my or buddies beer not warm or get warm throughout a tailgate multiple times. Now I never have to worry, and for $7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom