Tailgate Gear | The Boneyard

Tailgate Gear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
1 Week away! So let talk about our favorite/best tailgate gear.

Does anyone have anything they have spent a lot of time on (I have seen some amazing custom flags, pong tables, corn hole etc.) or are particularly proud of (whoever owns that UConn ambulance is truly awesome)?

Right now my friends and I are recent grads just collecting some decent gear. We have a UConn tent, painted blue pong tables, UConn chairs, huge speakers, and a very make shift grill. Going for a 20ft flagpole for this year also.

So what are your favorites?

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
I've been lusting after a TV setup since day one, but finances and circumstances usually prevent me from doing so

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i have been thinking about building a corn hole lately. between uconn games and softball games it will gets its use. but i think i would have to be 100% in on it and get some one to do a sick paint job on it.

Reaction Score
Bose portable sound dock is my prized possesion.

Also fly a UConn flag with a Michigan State flag underneath (so people can find us)

Reaction Score
I have a flag pole with a uconn flag but I need to get a second one so its easier for people to find me--- anyone got some good recommendations? or a good place to look at different options, i'm not very creative.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I have a flag pole with a uconn flag but I need to get a second one so its easier for people to find me--- anyone got some good recommendations? or a good place to look at different options, i'm not very creative.

get a beer flag of some type or something non sports. we have a black patron flag we fly at times as a group.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Get a Nepal flag. It'll be pretty recognizable:

125px-Flag_of_Nepal.svg.png

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I've been lusting after a TV setup since day one, but finances and circumstances usually prevent me from doing so

There's guy flying an OU flag that has a nice TV setup. I fear technology would pass me by as soon as I shelled out for something along those lines, but it's nice

get a beer flag of some type or something non sports. we have a black patron flag we fly at times as a group.

Two best I've seen, an inflatable lobster as a second flag and a 40' pole with a flag reading, "The Chili Man is Here!"

Giant inflatable gorillas notwithstanding.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
I've been searching for a keystone light flag, since that was my beer of choice while in college.... but no dice.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
One of my crew has a solid beer pong table painted a la the court at Gampel.

What about tents? Are there any sturdy, reliable ones that don't bend in a gentle breeze?

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
One of my crew has a solid beer pong table painted a la the court at Gampel.

What about tents? Are there any sturdy, reliable ones that don't bend in a gentle breeze?
spend a few bucks and get an easy-up... and get the vented top, so you are more stable... well, the tent anyway.

I upgraded the grill and coolers last year, get something that you can convert to 20lb propane. Coleman has kits. those small bottles are killers.... My next up is the flagpole and some custom flags and pennants.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
HAve never had the pleasure of tailgating at the Rent, but used to do alot of Rocket launches in Arizona. I made a very servicable flag pole from a 15´ telescoping paint roller handle. It was cool because when closed it was only about 6´ long. Very handy if working from a smaller vehicle.

Reaction Score
The tailgate grills made by coleman are awesome! Had mine for 5 years and still going strong, just got the converter so i can use a large tank. A regular tank lasts a whole season for me. Also bought a nice sturdy Uconn tent at walmart for about $100. I also set up a table with chafing dishes and Sternos so i can cook the food when i get there and it usually stays nice and hot for the 4 hours and leaves more time to party!

Any one have any suggestions for good storage containers for plates, utensils and all the other necessities?

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
The tailgate grills made by coleman are awesome! Had mine for 5 years and still going strong, just got the converter so i can use a large tank. A regular tank lasts a whole season for me. Also bought a nice sturdy Uconn tent at walmart for about $100. I also set up a table with chafing dishes and Sternos so i can cook the food when i get there and it usually stays nice and hot for the 4 hours and leaves more time to party!

Any one have any suggestions for good storage containers for plates, utensils and all the other necessities?
get some flip top totes... I have a bunch that I fill with paper good, grill parts, etc. I load them in the truck as is, and just keep topping off the stuff.

Another thing I have is the pop-up leaf bags, they make great trash bag holders. I put one in for recycles and one in for trash bags, they make cleanup easier.

I just upgraded my grill from the coleman fire and ice cooler/grill combo. I got a brinkman grill that came with a grill plate for cakes and eggs. best investment yet as I am upgrading.

OH, one more thing... I have a 30' cable that I run throughout the tailgate so that my stuff is waiting for me after the game... I had propane disappear after the first game, so I never leave home without it...

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
My wife had some real nice corn hole boards made up for me a couple of years ago for Father's Day.

One Uconn and one for the Navy.

2011-06-02_20-16-34_774%20(1).jpg

Reaction Score
My two favororites items of gear are 1)our bar which was made from a portable workbench I got at Ames (remember Ames?) before they went out of business for $25 bucks. I laminated pictures, the 1st game commerative coin and the ticket stubs. from season 1 at the Rent. It folds up and fits in the back of the truck. I also had a flag made of our "fake frat" for our annual tailgate. (pictured at left) We fly it every game. I had it made in Australia cuz they didn't worry about trademarks and it was the cheapest.

Reaction Score
danlow - got any pictures of that bar? That's next on my list...I painted my margaritaville grill blue & white...also made and customized a washer game w/block C, UConn, and section 104 on it. Can't wait for the season to start!

Reaction Score
bar pic.jpg
danlow - got any pictures of that bar? That's next on my list...I painted my margaritaville grill blue & white...also made and customized a washer game w/block C, UConn, and section 104 on it. Can't wait for the season to start!

Sorry, the two best pics I have on my hard drive aren't great. Have better ones on my external hard drive at work right now. Here are two to at least give you an idea.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
My two favororites items of gear are 1)our bar which was made from a portable workbench I got at Ames (remember Ames?) before they went out of business for $25 bucks. I laminated pictures, the 1st game commerative coin and the ticket stubs. from season 1 at the Rent. It folds up and fits in the back of the truck. I also had a flag made of our "fake frat" for our annual tailgate. (pictured at left) We fly it every game. I had it made in Australia cuz they didn't worry about trademarks and it was the cheapest.

Remember Ames? I worked in their headquarters when it went out of business. It was a surprisingly decent place to work.

Reaction Score
So to update my gear I just bought a 20ft flagpole and a big outdoor speaker called the "Tailgater". We're gonna be rocking this year.

Don't have a custom flag yet but if you see an Cold Beer flag under an American flag with a bunch of 25ish come and say hello.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Just got the Weber Q200 + rolling cart last night.

Really want to get a flag pole to use as a landmark for my car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom