Tacos | The Boneyard

Tacos

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Just had some great tacos at Ocho Cafe in West Hartford. As someone who doesn't frequent many Mexican restaurants, anyone got suggestions for their favorite taco/Mexican restaurant?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The was a place down in Old Saybrook that was pretty good. I don’t remember the name, cuckoos nest maybe?

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
I like Taqueria La Grande on Park Ave in West Hartford. It been my go-to for authentic Mexican

Reaction Score
We had a Mexican Food thread here a few months ago. Probably a good look.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Probably not the response expected, but my new lunch routine includes making tacos a couple of times a week. Usually shredded chicken but I vary the season. Using soft corn tortillas, I feel like I effectively replace the cold cut sandwich with something that has more lean protein, more flavor variety and less carbs.

I've tried a local burrito place and Chipotle in town. Next up I need to try Tacos Don Nacho in Woonsocket RI. It's overdue.

Reaction Score
Its the off season, just let it happen.

Casa Villa in Stamford is good for pretty authentic tacos.
Hmm. Let’s see. Wait for replies to slowly trickle in... or immediate access to a 4 page thread of info.

Here it is btw, feel free to ignore my OP

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
In before @August_West says New Haven taco trucks or Arby’s.

I wasnt aware of Arbys Taco's .

But the New Haven trucks are absolutely better than 97% of the crap you get in this state.

I dont expect a bunch of pansies on the boneyard who havent been up and down mexico eating de buche, lengua, and cabeza tacos to agree with me, but I can get all those on long wharf. Hit the yellow La Patrona truck or the Black truck.

Sorry you want a flour tortilla with microwaved chicken.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Its literally the worst restaraunt on shoreline.

If you are in your 70s and never had Mexican food before, it's wonderful.
Lol - Ouch. To be fair, I haven't been there in 40 years. It may have gotten worse or my standards may have been lower. Or maybe I just like bad Mexican? Who can say?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I dont expect a bunch of pansies on the boneyard who havent been up and down mexico eating de buche, lengua, and cabeza tacos to agree with me, but I can get all those on long wharf. Hit the yellow La Patrona truck or the Black truck.

Sorry you want a flour tortilla with microwaved chicken.
Let me know when they offer chapulines or de sesos.

Honestly never even saw tacos de buche when I lived in MX. Only time I've ever eaten it was occasional staff meals when I was working in a Chinese place. Far better than tripe.

Reaction Score
I second previous recs for Bodega in Fairfield/Darien and Casa Villa in Stamford.

In Norwalk, Tacos El Azteca is the place to try. A bus parked in an auto repair parking lot, their al pastor is insane. It's three minutes from my house: I rarely eat a full meal there, but it's my go-to 3 PM "I want an awesome snack" spot.

Taco Tequila, just up the street on Main Avenue, is another lovely spot. Good mix of classic authentic Mexican tacos but the owners do some interesting spins too: their chorizo and potato tacos are awesome too.

Was hungry driving to the XL Center prior the Wichita State game and stumbled upon Taqueria Mexico in Willingford. Real deal, authentic and will be a go to lunch spot if I need a bite before a game.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Geronimo in New Haven actually has very good ones. Camacho knows what he is doing.

Agree with Bodega in Fairfield. Love that place. And their passionrita.

Reaction Score
Taco Mi Nacho in Meriden and Salsa 3 in Middletown are both good, but not amazing in my opinion.
Tacos Mi Nacho is great. I like Tacos La Rosa in Willimantic too. Bartaco is great though not terribly traditional.

Reaction Score
Taco Mi Nacho in Meriden and Salsa 3 in Middletown are both good, but not amazing in my opinion.
Taco Me Nacho are meh. The best tacos in meriden by far are on Colony st. at this little place called La Poblanita. Depending on the cook they could get a little skimpy on the cilantro and onion but theyre well priced and stuffed with meat. Carnitas, Al Pastor, barbacoa and lengua are fantastic.

Reaction Score
Sayulita has the best non traditional tacos around.

If looking for traditional then the food trucks on long wharf or Salsa 3 in Middletown.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom